Looking for BC mt goat outfitter

rpm4463

Lil-Rokslider
A couple years ago I cam very close to going on a mt goat hunt in BC, but unfortunately I had to change my plans and missed out on the opportunity. To make a long story short 2016 looks like it will be the year to finally get it done, but it is pretty late to start planning for the 2016 season. Does anybody have recommendations for mt goat outfitters in BC?? I'm interested in rifle, backpack/spike camp hunt, possibly combined with another species.

thanks.

bcimport

WKR
Region 6 for the biggest goats. Region 7 for the best chance at a sheep/goat double if you have the $$$$$. South eastern BC for a goat / elk type hunt. All depends on what type of territory you want.

charvey9

WKR
I just had a successful hunt with Nanika Lake Outfitters in BC. He will not have another tag available in the location I hunted for a few more years, but still has quotas to fill in his other areas which he said actually have a higher population of Goats. The outfitter/guide Chad Hanson was a great guy and made for an enjoyable hunt.

My spot was a pure backpack hunt but his other locations are float plane fly-in where they have a small camp, then you use a zodiac boat to get around the lake to several glassing spots for Goats and then go up after them. If you talk with him, let him know that you are willing and have the gear to hike up and spike out over night in attempts to go after a nice billy. He said that most of his clients want to make it back to camp every night, and that usually limits their opportunities.

Prices were very reasonable for goat hunts, and he has some moose/goat combos as well.

B.S.

FNG
They mainly do horseback hunting vs backpack, but I've hunted with Elk Valley Bighorn Outfitters and had a great experience. They run a very high success rate on goats and offer elk (and maybe Moose) combos. Talking to Ryan (my guide), he said their moose have been doing really well the last few years. Have a number of friends who have also hunted with them and had great experiences.

Would be worth contacting them to see if they can do a backpack hunt as well.

Good Luck.

View attachment 28530

bates

WKR
I'm also researching a goat hunt I haven't booked but getting close.

I've talked to a lot of people and can share what i have learned so far

Benjie

386-937-2565

jwb300

WKR
I hunted with Circle M outfitters and will hunt with them again. Horse and backpack hunting. There are a lot of goats in their area. PM for more info.

Decker9

WKR
X2 on bolen/Lewis, they have some of the biggest goats.
Nanika lake outfitters are a good outfit also, I guided a few years there, good people good camps and amazing hunting area. They do a fly in combo goat/moose hunt, and take a couple 50"+ bulls each year. Well worth checking out.

OP
R

rpm4463

Lil-Rokslider
I had an ironic turn of events after I posted this thread. I put my name on a cancellation list for a goat hunt in AK and got the phone call! The only other species that could be included were black bear, but I could not pass on a half price goat hunt. It was backpack hunt and I lucked out with awesome weather. It was a 10-11 year old billy with 10.5" and 10.25" horns and 5.5" bases. It will probably score around 51" BC or 31" SCI. I got back home earlier this week. The guide was Lonesome Dove Outfitters, an excellent operation.
View attachment 29312

Stew

Lil-Rokslider
I had an ironic turn of events after I posted this thread. I put my name on a cancellation list for a goat hunt in AK and got the phone call! The only other species that could be included were black bear, but I could not pass on a half price goat hunt. It was backpack hunt and I lucked out with awesome weather. It was a 10-11 year old billy with 10.5" and 10.25" horns and 5.5" bases. It will probably score around 51" BC or 31" SCI. I got back home earlier this week. The guide was Lonesome Dove Outfitters, an excellent operation.
View attachment 29312
Congrats but cant see the picture.

jack88

Lil-Rokslider
Any words of wisdom with Golden Bear and Greg Williams? Looks like he is in a nice area.
Thanks

Check out Stone Mountain Safaris, I hunted moose in 2015 and had a goat tag, but didn't have time left to hunt a goat.