Klymit pads?

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Came across a deal a wee bit back and bought a non insulated klymit pad/not too bad of a pad----anyone used one of their insulated versions? It looks to be about 25 ounces and 23 inches wide and has a 4.4 R value. Just wondering if anyone has slept/used one?

Thanks!

Randy

GA Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have the uninsulated Ozone pad and love it down to about 40. I have been thinking about one of their insulated pads as well.

j.baum

FNG
I'm wondering also. There is an insulated version (Static V Lite) on Massdrop.com right now, I've passed it up once. Don't know if I should let it pass again.

Add me to the watch list...my Klymit Camo Static V is unopened because the R value of 1.3 just seems low. I use an Exped UL9 (R rating of 6) most of the time. Is there a graph anywhere showing effective R values to various temps?

ChrisS

WKR
I've spent probably a dozen nights on the uninsulated one & I just bought an insulated one on eBay. They often have returns or returns on there and will accept offers. I picked it up for $55 & free shipping & it looks brand new.

I haven't used it yet, but I planned on pairing it with a closed cell foam mat for the cold weather.

did 5 nights first season rifle in the sangres at 11000 with a mountain hardware ultra lamina 0 degree just fine added a
puffy and a beanie that was the uninsulated static v

my only knock is for 14 or 15 oz and packs up to a pop can you dont get much in the form of comfort

Ive used the static v noninsulated down to probably 38 degrees with a 30 degree bag and felt pretty cozy. I like the pad but havnt used many other inflatable pads to compare.

reaper

WKR
0a6b17a548fe43652a83c4f3210fb94d.jpg

I got one and like it,but for colder or winter i have a insulated thermarest.(they are side by side on picture)

lam396

Lil-Rokslider
Ive used the static V insulated with a zissou 12 down into the 20's. Would have been perfectly warm but had some condensation issues because the snow and sleet closed off our vents in the middle of the night. Woke up a little chilled but not to uncomfortable to go back to sleep. I have wide shoulders so I'm thinking about passing this one off to my wife and picking up the static V insulated lux model. The extra width will be nice for me.

Mule

FNG
I have had static v down to 20's in a 0 degree down bag with no issues. Have had that pad going on 6 seasons now--awesome product, and haven't needed to add the weight of an insulated pad for winter camping.