Scarpa SL Activ?

jm1607

WKR
Anyone try these??

I noticed when poking around their website that the boots actually use Cocona technology instead of the usual Goretex. I'm very happy with my Cocona FL gear so I'm very curious about these boots...

Pac8541

Lil-Rokslider
I've been a Scarpa user for a decade, everything from dedicated rock shoes to fairly serious hiking boots. For all my back country fly fishing where I need to put some serious miles on, and for the elk hunt I'm in the middle of right now, I'm running the Kinesis Pro boot. Very similar to the SL Activ. Best and most comfortable boot I've ever put on my feet and they perform incredibly well in the rocky, volcanic ground of Central AZ. They are goretex lined, all leather, and have a sticky sole. I had them covered in wet, slippery mud and snow for 2 days straight the beginning of this week and I stayed completely dry, comfortable, and without any blisters at all. After all the experience I've had with this manufacturer, I won't look anywhere else when it comes to serious footwear for real outdoor endeavors.

Do they use the cocona waterproof membrane or some other fabric? Anyone know how stiff these are compared to say tibets?

Pac8541

Lil-Rokslider
Mine are goretex and I've never heard of them using cocona in their boots. But, I haven't read their website in a while so don't know if somethings changed. Mine are about a year old now. I'm in day 2 of the late rifle bull season now and finished 2 weeks of the late archery hunt last wed. I hunted 9 out of 14 days and put over 30 miles on them. Completely awesome.