Teton tipi tent

Anybody here using the teton tipi tent?

http://tetontipitents.com

I have questions about its performance in wind.

At the moment, I have many tents. I am curious about this tent simply because, compared to a wall tent with a frame, the set up and ear down appears to be much faster and much easier for one man to do alone.

The thing weighs 75 pounds. Its not like you are going to pack it anywhere.

I just would hate to swap out a framed wall tent for this and then have it blow down in high winds.

I just came off a sheep hunt that had 40 MPH winds. Fully exposed, no cover to block the wind.
Not sure this tent would have stood up in it.

If you have one, and have used it in high winds, let me know what the pros and cons have been.

OP
BIGHORNtracks
Thanks for the Davis tent link.
That is a huge price difference.

But…… My question still remains. Davis tent or teton, I still wonder about wind performance.

bbrown

WKR
Never spent any time in that particular style of tent but have spent more than my share of nights in wall tents through some good storms. When pitched right with proper guy out they usually fair pretty well. At the same time they have a ton of vertical wall surface area so they take a beating in high winds. Picking better camp sites that have some shelter from the wind helps a ton.

Only had wall tents come down twice - first was snow loads while we were away from camp that snapped the ridge beam. Second was a micro burst that took down (2) 14x16 wall tents and a 16x22 wall tent along with a few acres of trees. Don't think any large tents would have survived that blast but in an hour or so we had all 3 back up and they were no worse for wear.