Kifaru packs in Kryptek Highlander

MattB

WKR
I could generally give a cr@p what a pack looks like so long as it works - but I have to say that is a cool looking pack.

I have gotten in the habit of setting my pack down with the back up just because I have A.D.D. and the multicam is impossible to find. I could lose a ton of money with this pattern.....Just ask my friends on the 3d course, i set down my camo bow and we are looking for it for 5 minutes at every target hahaha. Looks awesome

Joe

Last edited:
Not to be taken offensively but it looks like the pack wears you. Like it fell from a tree and latched on. Looks nice!

I've been a student of camo and what works and why for years. At first I didn't like the kryptek patterns at all. They looked too much like something out of a syfi movie to me, like something out of the Predator movies. BUT, actually seeing it as a pack I have to admit that the light and dark geometric patterns over the mottled background is very effective at giving it the appearance of depth.

As for Hardstalks comment above, it does look like it is a living thing with its arms and legs wrapped around the wearer.

Gman

WKR
That pack is SICK! I need to "unfriend" Aron and Kifaru....!!!!! I was so not interested in this pack when it was discussed conceptually but seeing it -- man, that thing is sharp. I don't know if it's better camo for the animals but it sure has caught this hunter. Crap, you hear that? That's the sound of a bunch of my money leaving my bank account and my wife crying.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
that pack is sick! I need to "unfriend" aron and kifaru....!!!!! I was so not interested in this pack when it was discussed conceptually but seeing it -- man, that thing is sharp. I don't know if it's better camo for the animals but it sure has caught this hunter. Crap, you hear that? That's the sound of a bunch of my money leaving my bank account and my wife crying.

lmao

Gentlemen this pack is very solid. The thing looks better in person! I do not think anyone ordering will be dissapointed.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
IMG_3123.jpg

IMG_3122.jpg

IMG_3119.jpg

IMG_3114.jpg

IMG_3104.jpg

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
I too was skeptical of the Highlander camo, (don't see how when I wear VIAS!) but that pack is wicked looking!

dcestnik

Lil-Rokslider
Tried valhalla pants this fall and highlander IMO is the best and most universal pattern for anywhere in the west. Haven't been won over by kryptek clothing yet but the pattern is amazing and when combined with kifaru craftsmanship will serve many hunters well.

As far as camo goes. In my opinion ASAT and predator brown are the best patterns out there. Because they break up the human form so well. But Kifaru/kryptek is about the prettiest pack I've seen and besides looking good it is a pack that will function

stephen b

WKR
Great Photos Aron.

Agree with Justin above concerning ASAT and Predator camo- although here in western Oregon, and any other real green area the Predator Green is somewhat better over the Predator. Brown.

Regarding the Kryptek highlander pattern- I have to admit that I was not a big fan of their pattern when I first saw the pattern on the clothing. And I am still not sure if I like the lizard look; but I have to say for a camo pattern in looking at these photo's- it is very effective. Not sure if I want a pack made in the pattern for over all use, but it is very nice looking and that pattern sure looks effective in breaking up your outline.

Solo Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Looks very effective. I was gonna order a Late season a few weeks ago and decided to wait for the highlander. I am excited to see my pack when it's finished! Greg in MT