Lathrop & Sons Synergy Footbed System Review, by Brock Akers

I agree with the author. I have two pairs of Lathrops Synergy, two of the green super feet(?) and a Dr ordered orthopedics. I do not get the hot spots like I do with the green/special insoles. I also 100's of miles on each pair of mine, do a lot of bird hunting in SD and northern WI plus when I get out west.

I have not tried their custom boot system yet but will be in a month or so. I have a high arch so these kind of get there but want to see what they can do.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I still can't believe what a difference these made in combating foot fatigue. Unreal.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
What's the "We Custom Fit" deal for $30? What does that entail?

This is an option for people who buy boots and insoles at the same time. Lathrop and Sons will custom fit the insole to the boot prior to sending it out. Also, by going this route, say your boots are a 1/2 size too big. You can exchange the boot AND the insole for the correct size and they will custom fit the new insole as well.

I ran the synergy footbeds in my Salomans this fall too... Did several hundred miles in them. I didnt think the Salomans could get more comfortable then they were but my hat is off to the guys at lathrop and sons. Love my synergy footbeds. Was amazed at how well they worked and lessened foot fatigue. I had some long 18-20 mile days and the insoles were the game changer for me.

Great write up