Bear hunting book?

FURMAN

WKR
Does anyone have a suggestion for a good bear hunting book? I am not interested in hunting over bait at all. Thanks.

OP
FURMAN

FURMAN

WKR
I can only seem to find the e-book. I love electronics but when I want a book I want to be able to hold it. Where did you get yours?

Its a pretty decent book. Its the only one I've found that isn't focused on bait. I'm in the same boat. If you look on the website, you can order a print copy. I did.

If anyone knows of other Bear Hunting books (not over bait), let me know.

Backcountry Bear Basics by Dave Smith is a bear safety book, but it interestingly has a lot of bear behavior information in it. It also has an excellent footnote section for books and research articles on bear natural history. I've learned some great bear info from those sources.

napeequa55

Lil-Rokslider
I've heard great things about, "No Bait...Just Bears" by Douglas Boze. I purchased the soft copy, but haven't read it yet.

Yep great book. You can buy the hard copy on Lulu as Saylean says.

If you're looking for help on calling bears or hunting them without bait, a great resource is the Hunt Washington Forum.

Baiting is illegal in Wa, but it has a lot of bears and bear hunting. Without baiting or hound hunting, calling has flourished.

Anyway find Saylean's profile there and browse his posts. There's a wealth of knowledge there.

Eric M

FNG
I can only seem to find the e-book. I love electronics but when I want a book I want to be able to hold it. Where did you get yours?
Check out Lulu.com. It's a self published book selling website. E book and paperback available. Takes a few days to print. Then it's shipped. I ordered one just the other day.

Eric M

FNG
Check out Lulu.com. It's a self published book selling website. E book and paperback available. Takes a few days to print. Then it's shipped. I ordered one just the other day.
It's on Amazon too but it's about $15 more expensive.

outdoor hunter

Lil-Rokslider
No Bait Just bears is a great book for non hound and non baiting bear hunters. Another good one id " education of a bear hunter " by Ralph Fowlers" He's a local legend killed over 1000 bears in sw wa for the timber companies back in the 60's and 70's