Arcteryx clothing

Does anyone have an experience with the Arcteryx clothing line to compare it with Sitka? I just learned of it today, and I thought Sitka was high till I looked thru their line of clothing. Lol..
6d0d6412e08b4c2deb3b6b6bee32e70a.jpg

Graves14

WKR
I've had one of their insulated jackets for close to 10 years. Best piece of kit I've ever owned. Still looks like new, super well designed and constructed.

Stid2677

WKR
I hunted sheep in the Arcteryx Gamma pants and my wife has a couple of their jackets. Top shelf stuff, one of the premium brands for mountaineering. The above is their Leaf stuff they did for the military.

Great jackets, especially the atom and alpha series. Never paid full price except for the atom's which are reasonably priced. Kinda like a gateway drug :)

topher89

WKR
Love their stuff if the sizing is right, I own an Atom LT hoody that I wear almost daily. Tried to buy one of their hard-shells but they were not a good fit. Medium was too short in the body but the large's sleeves were enormous on me

Marshmstr

Lil-Rokslider
It's great stuff.....I always wait for "new year" colors to come out and buy previous year gear at lower price ha

KDF

FNG
I would say that Arcteryx is generally a cut above Sitka. Our hunting companies have just not caught up with the products available from the top mountaineering companies. I have a pair of Arcteryx shell bibs that have lasted 15 years. I cried when I bought them, but not since...

Ramcam

Lil-Rokslider
I would also suggest Westcomb http://westcomb.com/ which is just as good as Arcteryx and made in BC Canada and with the dollar exchange you will do very well right now.Very high end clothing from 2 guys who used to work with Arcteryx

I've been using Arcteryx gear for years, both climbing and hunting. You can't beat it. Far from cheap, but the best stuff is never is. Their hoods on their stuff beats any hunting design I've ever used. Sitka, Kuiu, you name it, Arcteryx hoods are hands down better and will keep you protected in the nastiest weather you can imagine.

I've been using Arcteryx gear for years, both climbing and hunting. You can't beat it. Far from cheap, but the best stuff is never is. Their hoods on their stuff beats any hunting design I've ever used. Sitka, Kuiu, you name it, Arcteryx hoods are hands down better and will keep you protected in the nastiest weather you can imagine.
Arcteryx is bomb. I've definitely found it to be superior to most hunting clothing companies. Personally Arcteryx fits me the best over any other company I've tried which is a huge plus.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have run a number of arcteryx items over the years, since they offer a variety of quality outdoor clothing in women's specific cuts and sizing. I ME most quality mountaineering gear companies meet or exceed the quality of gear you can find from most mainstream hunting companies, and since the mountaineering market offers more clothing options for women, it's been a great option for my outdoor gear needs. I currently have two pairs of the gamma lt pants, and they are some of the best lightweight hiking pants on the market for women IMO. Stretch, cut, durability and functionality are top notch and it's obvious they thought about more than trying to make them look good (functional women's hiking pants pose a big challenge).

I also ran a goretex rain jacket and pants for awhile, and the quality was great. I ended up moving to other brands that offered eVent fabric because I wanted better breath ability in my rain gear. My current jacket is made by Westcomb mountaineering, and my eVent rain pants were made by Rab.

Parko

FNG
I have several items from Arcteryx. The Alpha jacket and pants, Fission pants, Combat jacket and pants, Atom LT w/hood, and I just picked up the Gamma MX pants. I found them on sale for $175 with free shipping. I use them for everything, hunting, fishing, backpacking, kid’s soccer games, and work. They have held up very well. I did get a small rip in the Alpha jacket; contacted CS got a RA and sent it off. Three weeks later my jacket was back and fixed. The Beta offers a longer cut in the body, but isn't available in their LEAF line.
Westcomb also makes some very good clothing. My daughter uses an older shell of theirs and it has performed very well. Don't overlook Wild Things Gear. Their soft shells rock plus it’s made in the USA.

topher89

WKR
I would say that Arcteryx is generally a cut above Sitka. Our hunting companies have just not caught up with the products available from the top mountaineering companies. I have a pair of Arcteryx shell bibs that have lasted 15 years. I cried when I bought them, but not since...
Agree. Most mountaineering gear is much more quality than hunting gears. It is starting to change but I think it is still true for the most part.

Also, if you are willing to wait for the new colors to come out you can usually get a great deal on the old colors. Steep and Cheap always has their gear on sale if you take the time to watch and wait

Gwoodak

FNG
Sitka and Arc-T have a lot in common https://www.sitkagear.com/insight/richard-siberell-i The leaf stuff by Arc-T is sweet but it ain't cheap and generally you need to be LEO or Military to order it. I run Arc-T in neutral earth tones for hunting, mountain biking, skiing, kayaking, here in AK and it's solid performing stuff. One night sleeping tent-less on a mountain in the Alaska Range with my wife after she shot her Dall sheep really sealed the deal. I've had a couple zipper issues over the years with their stuff but I can say that about all the gear I've ever used (and it's a long list as my wife is the director of retail for a large outdoor shop). I would say if you can find some at a bit of a discount in earth tone colors it will meet or exceed the performance of any Sitka, KUIU, etc. option. Camo patterns are overrated.

jherald

WKR
Arcteryx has some very basic and simple designs which are very effective in overall performance. You would think the hunting branded companies would just take a good look and adopt the design concepts.