2016 Wa Spring Rondy

I had a blast at Pete Lake two years ago and there's a bunch of new Wa members here since then so I'm thinking we should do this again this spring.

Fathers Day is June 19 so maybe the 2nd or 4th weekend of June?

Although Pete Lk worked well it was a little crowded (with sketchy neighbors :)) so maybe somewhere a little more off the beaten path?

I'm open to whatever, whenever.

So let's hear some ideas and get this rolling.

7mag.

WKR
I'm in too. You're right about sketchy neighbors.

I have a spot in mind, but we'll have to discuss how difficult a hike we want to do.

I'm new here but from the Tacoma area. I'd be interested to check this out so keep me informed please.

Dave Beee

7mag.

WKR
What does everyone want to do?

1)Should we hike in somewhere? Maybe an alpine lake, do some fishing?
If so, how difficult a hike?

2) should we car camp and find a place to do some some shooting, maybe long range? Camp near a lake or pond and do some fishing?

Anyone have any ideas or input?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
If you make it closer to the good state, I'm sure a few of us would make it too.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member

2) should we car camp and find a place to do some some shooting, maybe long range? Camp near a lake or pond and do some fishing?

I'm down for a semi difficult hike, like we did a couple years ago. But I'm severely limited to early July on time so take it for what it's worth.

7mag.

WKR
The first weekend in June works best for me too. If we do a hike, I have a few ideas that I talked to Justin and Scott about, but I don't want to turn too many people away if it's too difficult. If you have any location suggestions, share them on here or privately.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member

I would prefer a shooting/camping trip for this. If I'm hiking into the backcountry, I want to be scouting, and I'm not sharing my hunting spots with a group of people. Car camping opens up our options for activities too. I'll bring a bunch of rifles for some long range shooting, and we can also bring archery targets too.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I would prefer a shooting/camping trip for this. If I'm hiking into the backcountry, I want to be scouting, and I'm not sharing my hunting spots with a group of people. Car camping opens up our options for activities too. I'll bring a bunch of rifles for some long range shooting, and we can also bring archery targets too.

Just for clarification, your 6.5 is not for long range shooting, haha

OP
BroodBuster
I'm up for whatever.

If we decide on car camping and some shooting maybe somewhere in the Columbia Basin? That would open up May and be convianient for the Id crew. But I don't do a lot of rifle shooting so am not really familiar with good spots. I do sort of like the idea of being able to bring a full kitchen and eating others venison and bear :).

Please keep the ideas coming.

Clarktar

WKR
Methow, twisp, mazama area would be pretty nicce. Lots of options in that area, rivers, strenuous and easy hikes...

Jackelope

Lil-Rokslider
Car Camp somewhere near some good hiking trails and somewhere we can air out some rifles? Make a weekend out of it? A weekend where we could compare year, shoot some, eat some good grub, etc sounds like a good time. Alpine lakes and rivers don't open for fishing till June 1 anyway.