Elk Hunting with a Cooper Model 52 Excalibur, by Matt Cashell

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Hey I bet many of you didn't know that besides being the Yoda of Optics, our own Bitterroot Bulls is a pretty good gun writer to boot.

Matt is back with his final test- the ultimate-kill-a-bull-miles-from-the-road test- on the Cooper Model 52. See how this rifle performed when set up up by two different guys for two different species.

Elk Hunting with the Cooper Model 52

Last edited:

FURMAN

WKR
Matt or Robby, How far have you shot this rifle? Do you feel it would consistently hold .5 moa at longer distances?

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
rfurman
Hi, 600 yards for me.

everything I know about that gun is here:
http://www.rokslide.com/easyblog/entry/only-accurate-rifles

I shoot it to 600 yards around 4:00 min in that video

Also this forum post there was some discussion and some stills from that same video
http://www.rokslide.com/forums/showthread.php?23230-Welcome-Cooper-Firearms-(accuracy-freaks-unite!)

I know the guns shoots better than I can and with Cooper's 1/2moa guarantee, they'll stand behind you if there is a problem. Give Glenn at Cooper a call if you have more questions.

Matt will chime in too.

FURMAN

WKR
Thanks Robby. I had not seen the video. I have read all the reviews. I am considering replacing my customs with Coopers mainly due to the barrel replacement costs but I need it to be as capable or near as capable as my customs.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Matt or Robby, How far have you shot this rifle? Do you feel it would consistently hold .5 moa at longer distances?

I have also shot it out to 600 for groups, and did some rock shooting to 800ish.

I feel like the shooter is the limit on how far it will hold a group.

Last edited: