Colorado Antelope

JoshTX

WKR
A military buddy of mine wants to do a CO Antelope hunt next year and because I chase Wapiti in CO he seems to think that means I should know about where to find the goats. I don't, and frankly, I wouldn't even know where to begin. I know of several places in NM that have a ton of antelope but not in CO.

If we do this, I'm sure it would be with a rifle.

If anyone can throw me a bone, please PM me.

Thanks everyone,

Josh

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
As far as I can tell unless you have some points built up you aren't likely to pull a tag somewhere with public land (or I've overlooked the places). I'd say either WY (or other states) or be prepared to pay for a hunt?

quent

Lil-Rokslider
bow is over the counter for the most part. look around the south eastern part of the state

burlap

FNG
Wyoming seems to be the place to go. There's a couple guys that I know (live in CO) that go to Wyoming to hunt public land.

HondoArcher

Lil-Rokslider
I got a nice Colorado Antelope this last year in a draw area. I know it isn't much help for the over the counter units but there are some nice ones in Colorado if you can find them.
[video=youtube;cVq6ZofEKM4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVq6ZofEKM4[/video]

Solohntr

FNG
Look into some of the walk in access areas on the eastern plains and southeast. There are some good goats in there. About like any public over the counter tag though, not a lot, but they are there.

vanish

WKR

quent

Lil-Rokslider
This just occurred to me. Since he's military he can see about taking leave and getting the class and range pass from Ft. Carson and hunt pinion canyon training area. that's my plan for this year. damn near zero hunting pressure and there should be no units training there in Aug.

OP
JoshTX

JoshTX

WKR
This just occurred to me. Since he's military he can see about taking leave and getting the class and range pass from Ft. Carson and hunt pinion canyon training area. that's my plan for this year. damn near zero hunting pressure and there should be no units training there in Aug.

This is a great idea. Thanks quent