Under armour boots?

maverick351

Lil-Rokslider
Curious what your experiences are with them. Looking for a new set of boots for archery hunting but can't spend more than $150 maybe $200.

quent

Lil-Rokslider
what kind of terrain and what state? Is it for elk and muleys? I got a buddy that hunts hardcore all year and uses them... but he hunts in southern Colorado and new mexico where he doesn't run into a lot of water. I think he wears through them in a season.

WyoHnt300

Lil-Rokslider
I live and hunt allover Northern Wyoming and I just replaced a pair that I bought three years ago, went UA again (bought the uninsulated Brow Tines). I wore the first pair regardless of the season or terrain or temp. They were also my summer/spring backpack and shed hunting boots. Three years on a $165 dollar investment at that time. I might add that the structure is a bit more flexible, not as stiff as some of the more mountaineering oriented boots (I feel like I'm wearing a ski boot when I have those on) but that tends to be a personal preference. I wish they (as a company) were more open about their support for hunting and conservation (I guess that's why they have Cam and Remi) For me they do what I need them to without totally killing the budget. Just my two cents.

OP
M

maverick351

Lil-Rokslider
State is Az. Terrain is low to high Desert to mountain terrain. Mainly deer hunting but I stay pretty mobile so lots of glassing and moving.

kodiakfly

WKR
For that price, I bet you could find a pair of Asolo, Vasque, etc on STP. I think of UA boots and I think along the lines of Rocky. So take that for what it's worth.

quent

Lil-Rokslider
For that price, I bet you could find a pair of Asolo, Vasque, etc on STP. I think of UA boots and I think along the lines of Rocky. So take that for what it's worth.

yeah STP have some great Asolo boots for the same price you'd drop on UA boots. to me the UA seem like a novelty but that's just my opinion. never worn asolo's hiking or hunting but I tried on a few pair when my wife was looking for boots and loved them. probably my next foorware purchase.

OP
M

maverick351

Lil-Rokslider
I'm sorry but what's stp? I'm not opposed to any other brands I'm just stuck in that price range for now.

Murdy

WKR
Watch the camofire website, they've been running specials on boots pretty regularly lately, have to check in often though. Search on Amazon and near the bottom of the search criteria, you can select to only show stuff that is at least 50% off, picked up some Zamberlan's that way for a little over $100 a few years back.

And if you use Sierra, sign up for their email flyer and you'll get a 20-25% off coupon.

LaHunter

WKR
I just ordered a pair of Lowa Camino GTX boots for $209 (shipping included) from Shoebuy. They periodically run 30% off with free shipping. This boots are normally $299.00. I don't have any experience with these, but based on how my Tibets have performed along with the reviews on the Caminos, I decided to pull the trigger and order them.

ofl0926

WKR
I see a lot of asolo boots on stp, just dont see much about them on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quent

Lil-Rokslider
I see a lot of asolo boots on stp, just dont see much about them on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, you don't hear much about them on here. I think they only have a model or two aimed at mountain hunting. I know a lot of the SF guy's wear the Asolo fugitive and every time I asked them how they like them they can't praise them enough. And those dudes work them boots up in some shity mountain terrain.

Idahomnts

Lil-Rokslider
One season here as well, on my second pair as a exchange , still didn't last a whole year, they are comfy , browtine 800 are warm don't think my feet ever got cold with lots of different terrains, I too am looking for a better boot,

kodiakfly

WKR
Which asolo on stp would you recommend?

There's several of them on there, but you're limited to what size you wear. I like more boot than less boot, but some guys hunt in basically ankle-high trail runners, so it depends on what you want in a boot. But Asolo makes good boots.

I just ordered a pair of Lowa Camino GTX boots for $209 (shipping included) from Shoebuy. They periodically run 30% off with free shipping. This boots are normally $299.00. I don't have any experience with these, but based on how my Tibets have performed along with the reviews on the Caminos, I decided to pull the trigger and order them.

i recently purchased the same boot off amazon for $208
i have got about 30 miles in mine and love them, very light, very durable, very comfortable, and normally a $300 boot
amazon is kinda of fun, i put things in my cart and every day check it and the prices on some items go up and down, these boots were almost purchase at 260$ three days later they hit $208 free shipping so i pulled the trigger
as one person said once too
free returns with amazon as well