New Frame and Bags from Kifaru International

Curtis C

WKR
Like said ^^^^^

I like Coyote Brown best of the solid color offerings. That said last archery season I was uncomfortable when using a CB pack so I kept it covered with my Camo jacket. No way I was using it during rifle so I bought another pack.

dotman

WKR
Has anyone heard of someone being shot because of pack color? I haven't but kind of wondering now.

Shrek

WKR
The bag color thing is mostly paranoia. It could happen but I don' t think any colors offered in hunting packs are going to save you from the the ahole who shoots what he hasn't identified. In most states you have to wear blaze orange during rifle season if you hunt with a bow or not. But really I think it's like worrying about being struck by lightening. I'll wear coyote brown and never think twice about it.
Add a little more, we see very much like the rest of the animals. That means we see movement. To illiterate a little story. Many moons ago in Georgia when golden acorns were still illegal the game warden came to our club. He had been tipped off about the golden carpet and at daylight he began to round us up. He walked right past me in my climber and never saw me in my orange vest. I never moved and even though he was looking for us and was a trained professional and he still missed me. He came and got me latter when he was let into the pin box but without movement he didn't even see hunter orange.

Last edited:
OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Bikini Frame

Mega Pull Out (New Product for Kifaru)

Grab It

Back Pouch

1 36" strap with SR buckles

1 full Kifaru Meat Baggie (Will hold deboned deer)

DSC03837_zpsea3323f4.jpg

DSC03838_zps46f9686f.jpg

DSC03842_zpsb18c93ad.jpg

DSC03843_zpsb7b96567.jpg

Gasman

Lil-Rokslider
Aron,

You might have missed my previous post, but if you're using a DT3 bag (or any of the Hunting bags, for that matter) on the bikini frame, will you still be able to mount the Meat Shelf in the higher position? Or is that only an option with the new bags?

Thanks.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
That is only an option with the High Camp bag. You can detach the DT3 (like normal), and use the shelf with the DT3, but you won't be able to elevate it.
Aron,

You might have missed my previous post, but if you're using a DT3 bag (or any of the Hunting bags, for that matter) on the bikini frame, will you still be able to mount the Meat Shelf in the higher position? Or is that only an option with the new bags?

Thanks.

Tim M

Lil-Rokslider
Aron,
do the shoulder straps attach the same way to the bikini frame as they do to the duplex? and are they the same straps, weight or feel wise?
since the stays cant be swapped I was curious if the straps had changed too

Slim Jim

WKR
Man I'm all about this lightweight set up but the bikini just doesn't look near as solid or comfortable as the duplex frame does.

I can say my duplex frame is a damn tank. I would seriously not worry about putting 300 lbs on it. My DT1, with 26 inch aluminium stays and custom DT1 bag is sitting at 7.5 lbs a heavy SOB. I'm kinda wishing I had a regular T1 bag, custom cut the stuff I don't need on it, that would probably put it in the 4 lb 8-10 oz range. I'm also looking into having 2 female buckles sewn onto the collar of my DT1 bag, so I can make it a roll top type system as I leave my lid at camp anyway.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Aron, do the shoulder straps attach the same way to the bikini frame as they do to the duplex? and are they the same straps, weight or feel wise? since the stays cant be swapped I was curious if the straps had changed too
The shoulder straps are the same, but a different material (same feel, but lighter weight), an yes, they attach about the same way.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Dan, testing the bikini/high camp on Christmas eve

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356362319558.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356362319558.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 292