Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Kryptek Aegis Exgtreme Weather Coat

Not sure what is in the thing but it is light and warm. Today was the first chance I had to use it. Was 9 degrees when I left the house, wind blowing 10-15mph, a little chilly.

When you put the coat on it feels like you just have a light windbreaker on. Material is very quiet. Cold weather didn't affect this. Drew and shot a doe at 15 yards and she didn't hear me moving, had no idea I was there. I never even got chilled and all I had on was a polyester T shirt, a microtex hunting shirt and the Kryptek coat.

Great product. If you are looking for a cold weather coat definitely take a look at these. Not cheap but well worth the price tag.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jmez, I also have this jacket and I love it. It feels like a wind breaker and kept me warm down to 15 degrees with only a First Lite Llano and Kuiu 250 base layer on. I would hike in with the base layer on and throw this Jacket on for glassing all November. You don't have to pack rain gear of a puffy. The bibs are also top shelf. But way to warm for hiking.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm curious about this jacket... I'm in need of a good outer layer for next year. Was just going to go with the Chugach jacket but this looks pretty good as well. Main thing I don't like about it, is the 30 oz. weight. I'm not sure with a Merino base, L2 Tundra pullover, and my SpinDrift that I'd need the extra warm of this though. How does it breath?

Mike
    Hells Canyon Armory

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure about that. I've only used the coat once. It does have pit vents on both sides so I would think it would be good if you unzipped those.