TTH Pack Modifications

gauge

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone modify their pack for the events?
I have a EXO 3500 and have considered temporary modifications for the event. I don't have anything particular in mind necessarily because this will be my first TTH challenge. Does anyone have any tips or does a standard hunting pack work fine? Is strapping your weight on the pack part of your time in the meat pack challenge?

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does anyone modify their pack for the events?
I have a EXO 3500 and have considered temporary modifications for the event. I don't have anything particular in mind necessarily because this will be my first TTH challenge. Does anyone have any tips or does a standard hunting pack work fine? Is strapping your weight on the pack part of your time in the meat pack challenge?
No need to modify. You have plenty of time to load the weight before the event starts.

I use an exo pack and I take the bag off and use a beaver tail to secure the weight to the frame. last year in Colorado I didn't know how to secure the beaver tail so I ended up securing the weight between the bag and frame, it worked fine but this way is much easier to load and unload and seems like the weight doesn't shift. If you tell exo you are competing in the T2H they may give you a 10 or 20% discount when ordering. It was a good purchase.

RyanC

WKR
I used my Kifaru AMR for both the Meat Pack and Challenge course. Because the AMR does not have a separator inside I used a strap on the outside to pinch off the bottom of the bag which allowed the sandbag to sit higher in the bag and in the middle part of my back where it should. This worked really well. I also used as many straps as I could to cinch it down and it carried really well. It's amazing how small that AMR can get when compressed.

So in short just make sure that sandbag is not sitting in the bottom of you pack, it should be sitting mid to high back not lower back to mid back. Good luck!!

Ryan

jwpenn

Lil-Rokslider
I used my Kifaru AMR for both the Meat Pack and Challenge course. Because the AMR does not have a separator inside I used a strap on the outside to pinch off the bottom of the bag which allowed the sandbag to sit higher in the bag and in the middle part of my back where it should. This worked really well. I also used as many straps as I could to cinch it down and it carried really well. It's amazing how small that AMR can get when compressed.

So in short just make sure that sandbag is not sitting in the bottom of you pack, it should be sitting mid to high back not lower back to mid back. Good luck!!

Ryan
I saw Ryan smoke everyone guys. Listen when he has advice.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I used kuiu ultra strapped sand bag between bag and frame. Did the same by pinching at bottom with a strap so the sand bag didnt slip down. A bunch of people had the Slumber jack meat hauler they used. They were on sell 40% off there website last time i looked