Olicamp Titanium Stove

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Just dropped some funds on a Olicamp Titanium micro stove. weighs 45 grams or 1.3 ounces and is the smallest stove on the market. Figured Id share this for those folks looking to lighten their load. Definitely not the most efficient but its size and weight paired with a titanium mug lid and can of fuel will make a really nice ultralight setup. I have a few stoves, but after seeing the reviews and how small and reliable the reviews say this is I couldn't pass it up. I wanted something for my daypack gear when I want to make a cup of coffee on the ridge.

Pairing mine with a titanium toaks pot like in the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS5k_AqZjL8

Link to learn more.

http://www.olicamp.com/products-stoves/ion

Please keep us posted on your thoughts of this stove as you use it a few times. Like you said not the most efficient, but for a 2-3 day hunt the weight can't be beat. I have 2 of the toaks titanium pots and love them and have been eyeing the ion micro stove

oenanthe

WKR
That looks like a nice stove, but their ad copy is just flat wrong. That stove weighs almost twice as much as a BRS-3000, which is the lightest I know of personally; there may be other lighter stoves out there.

I run essentially the same stove kit as the Youtube link, only with the BRS-3000 stove. For more than 3 or 4 days, I swap the Toaks pot for the Jetboil Sol Ti cup...the efficiency gains from that cup outweigh the additional fuel I'd have to bring if I used the Toaks.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Dos you got me curious now may have to try out the Sol Ti Cup now. Stove arrived its slick very tiny and man does it put out the flame. I was actually skeptical but this thing is definitely a win. I will use it some more before I throw down a solid buy it but so far Im pretty impressed. Very well made by the way.

I used the olicamp micro stove this year for Colorado archery elk 8 days on mountain. No problems so far. I used several months before the trip and I used it the rest of the hunting season back home.

It comes with a small bag to store it in. I put a mini bic lighter in the bag with it so I don't forget it or lose it.
I cooked 2-3 meals every day for 7 of the 8 days. I even boiled water for my 2 buddies because they couldn't get the msr multi fuel stove to act right. After all of this I still had a couple days worth of fuel left in the canister.
It Boils 2 cups of water in 2:30 mins at 11k feet elevation for me with olicamp pot and lid with the heat sink thingy on it.

Update
Just finished my 3rd year with this stove. It’s still going strong. No complaints. Cooks fast, packs small. I took a half full fuel canister this trip used it for 2 meals a day and still had some left over after a 9 day hunt.