Idaho 27-1

bayers76

FNG
I just drew Idaho 27-1! I'm amped...and freaked out! This is my first sheep hunt, but I'm an accomplished big game hunter. I know that this is an extremely hard hunt, but I'm already in the best shape of my life and think I will easily be ready to cover some SERIOUS ground by the time it opens.

Has anybody done this hunt? Is anybody willing to share what they have learned? I would be extremely grateful for any information! PM me if you prefer.

deadwolf

WKR
Didn't the application period just end on 4/30? And the results come out in June? Congrats to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the draw, I'd turn over every rock you can in researching it make the most of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know 2 guys that have taken rams in 27-1. All I know is they hiked in from the East side of the unit. They went in North of Salmon, Idaho. I think the name of the town you turn towards off the highway is North Fork? When my buddy was hiking in they crossed paths with some elk hunters coming out of the unit and they had seen 3 rams that day just off the trail they were on. So, long story short, they dumped their gear hustled, shot a ram and were on their way home in less than 24hrs from when they started. I hope it works out for you. I also know that Guy Eastman said it was arguably the toughest hunt in the lower 48.

I think Idaho Brad is actually referring to unit 27-2 which is located on the northeast side of unit 27. 27-1 is on the southwest side of unit 27, if you tried accessing from North Fork or anywhere near salmon you would have to walk across the entire wilderness area to reach your unit.

Merk

FNG
So i drew this tag this year just wondered if anyone has any more advice they would care to share.