Product Review Contest - Share your gear knowledge to win gear.

blackovis

Lil-Rokslider
Calling All Gear Junkies!

Come share your knowledge of product and be entered to win $1000 worth of credit to BlackOvis! Help out the hunting community by sharing your expertise with a detailed product review on gear you're familiar with. Every product review written from now until June 13th will be entered in for a chance to win gift card credit.

It's easy to participate:
1. Go to
BlackOvis.com.
2. Find a product you've used, and write a review on it.
3. Repeat! Each review is an entry towards BlackOvis credit.

Those that write high quality reviews may be considered as ProStaff writers.
Any questions?: PM me or comment below.
Good Luck!

< Review Contest Details >

Last edited:

elkyinzer

WKR
Just saying...it would be cool if the hunting industry had a streamlined, user-friendly, centralized, independent review website similar to outdoorgearlab...cough cough..rokslide...opportunity to expand and grow?

I hate how every time I want to research some potential purchase I have to search through 28 different websites and filter through all the dildoes that review crap straight out of the box, generally miserable people, suck ups, and all the other miscreants that make the process painful.

Gehri1tm

Lil-Rokslider
Well said elkyinzer! An objective test panel of real users and comparing products like outdoorgearlab would be an awesome help to newer guys.

twall13

WKR
Well said elkyinzer! An objective test panel of real users and comparing products like outdoorgearlab would be an awesome help to newer guys.
The Rokslide staff does a great job of this already, IMO. Sure there is some gear they can't get to with limited staff, resources, time, etc. but some of the best hunting gear reviews you'll find anywhere on the Web are on Rokslide. That's what drew me to the site in the first place. I started researching high end gear since my new job finally put me in a position I could afford something better than what I'd been using. All my searches kept leading me back to Rokslide. I think they would love to expand and do more reviews but it's not always practical. I know the forum always welcomes unbiased opinions on gear from real users.
Just saying...it would be cool if the hunting industry had a streamlined, user-friendly, centralized, independent review website similar to outdoorgearlab...cough cough..rokslide...opportunity to expand and grow?

I hate how every time I want to research some potential purchase I have to search through 28 different websites and filter through all the dildoes that review crap straight out of the box, generally miserable people, suck ups, and all the other miscreants that make the process painful.

Gehri1tm

Lil-Rokslider
Agreed that Rokslide staff does great job & the site always gets linked with my gear review searches which proves its one of the best out there, if not the best. Was just thinking of simple improvements. Something like linking up searches/reviews for quicker comparison of brands. But might take too much valuable staff time & we can sort thru right now on our time.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
hey guys, thanks for the compliments and suggestions.
We're growing it as fast as we can. Time always being the limiting factor. But looking back since we started, we've been able to publish more reviews every year than the previous. We do allow non-sponsors/unbiased to review gear on the forums. Occasionally we delete them if we find that it's just a buddy of a company owner who isn't really unbiased, but if you have some gear you've used enough to write intelligently about, post it up. That's what we're all about. I learn a ton from members on here. If the review gets a good following, we'll even feature it in our newsletter and that will boost it's ranking in the search engines.

Thanks for participating.

My favorite is when someone gives a product 1 star because of a shipping mishap - what does this have to do with the product ?
Anyways I always look t o the forums when I am interested in upgrading gear 👍