.22 with iron sights??

Shortdraw

FNG
Lets take the caliber down a bit (for this forum anyway :)). A friend of mine is looking to buy a .22 rifle with iron sights. According to him, all he is finding are rifles with scopes (and no iron sights beneath) or iron sights on rifles that are, to put it lightly, cheap. I'm shocked. Isn't the iron sighted .22 a staple for kids' first gun, a great plinker for young and old alike, and the best way to put a rabbit in the pot without vaporizing it? Does anyone have any ideas who is making such a rifle. My very quick internet search confirmed his experience…rifles with scopes.

Stwrt9

WKR
I love my henry goldenboy in .22 although it's not the cheapest it's one of my favorite to shoot and would be perfect for a kids first gun.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Ruger's American Rimfire .22, their 10/22, 77/22, or my favorite the old classic lever action Henry .22 rifle. You can get the Golden Boy if you want or the regular classic can be found for around $250. Love that lever action, so do kids.

Muttly

WKR
CZ 452 or 455. That's the easy part. Actually finding .22 ammo might still be a royal pain..
Got tired of checking the gun counter every time I walk into a store, and the scalpers prices that were prevalent for a while. Sold the .22s, don't seem to miss 'em..

I was scared to buy a compact ruger American. I don't usually buy cheap guns but I kept reading how good they shoot. So i thought what the heck it's just couple hundred bucks. It has open sights and with that and the scope that gun will flat freakin shoot cheapest gun I ever bought and 1 of the best shooting for a small Caliber. Also savage has a 22 with iron sights cause got my FIL 1 this past Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Browning BL 22 is my personal favorite 22. My dad had one stolen from his truck. Been wanting to pick one up for years. But they are real pricey for a 22.

I got my youngest the compact Ruger American .17 HMR. After trying it out and realizing that I really had trouble with the compact model I bought myself the full size .17 and I love it. Very, very accurate.

Surprising for that cheap of a gun I thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hodgeman

WKR
My favorite .22 is the CZ 452. Blued steel, walnut and an excellent tangent sight....no plastic on this one and it feels like a rifle made for a grown man.

mcseal2

WKR
I have the same gun as above, American rimfire in 22 mag. I use a scope with it but first zeroed the fiber optic sights, it shoots good either way. It comes with 2 different stock inserts to properly align your eye with either a scope or sights. Its a darn good shooting gun.

E in CO

Lil-Rokslider
Had the same search a few years ago. Found a new Savage single shot bolt action .22. Don't remember the model off the top of my head. Has a little peep sight on it from the factory. great little rifle to train the basics on.