Took delivery of an AMR and Duplex hunting frame today!!!

Super stoked.
Took a while, but I got it fitting well, I think. Tomorrow's the test run hunting morels.
Just a tip or two for anybody else new to these packs based on my experience setting it up: There's a lot of videos out there now that pertain to other models, but this is the one I found most useful to get the load lifter height adjusted, and the 3-bar sliders on the shoulder straps at the level of my clavicles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2kF1pmF9pA
The ladder locks hidden beneath the lumber pad that adjust the shoulder straps need to be loosened to lower the 3-bar sliders down on your chest, or tightened to raise the sliders up on your chest. Takes a couple tries.

Yeah, they do their best to get it close with the measurements that you provide, but everyone is different. When I picked mine up all the guys in the shop were still figuring out how they should be adjusted for what heights and I was the first freakishly tall guy so they brought me back to show everyone how to adjust it for someone that's 6'5" with a 33" inseam. That being said I have still had to play around a lot and even had to go back and have Aron help me because I was getting a bruise on my collar bone due to an old football injury causing one collar bone to be significantly higher than the other. If you are still having problems give Aron a call and he'll do his best to walk you through it.

Pac8541

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats man, always cool when Brown drops off a box from the big K. My Argali showed up Wed and I've been stoked ever since. Now the struggle becomes, do I want to keep it all grey or mix it up with pouches and a lid in a different pattern/color?

N2TRKYS

WKR
Congrats. I made my first Kifaru purchase a few weeks ago. I bought the same thing that you did plus a cargo panel.

OP
A
I don't see pics, I don't believe you;-)
haha!
hopefully this evening with a bunch of morels in it!

The problem now is I want to fill it full of stuff but for a day hike it's kind of hard to justify. I'll try to get about 60lbs of mostly water in it.

The problem now is I want to fill it full of stuff but for a day hike it's kind of hard to justify. I'll try to get about 60lbs of mostly water in it.

I find water annoying for training hikes because it unrealistically sloshes around. I am using wood fire pellets from home depot that are $5 for a 40lb bag.

OP
A
good idea. So far I don't find it too annoying to have a bunch of 1.25 L repurposed sparkling water bottles in my pack. A bit lumpy is all, if they're topped off so there's no air in them.

OP
A
Well, I wish I could say we filled the pack, but we did find a few morels. They're kind of dwarfed by the pack.

kifarumorels.jpg
There. It happened ;p
Nonetheless, a good shakedown run for the pack. the crests of my hips are saddle sore, but otherwise, I'm very pleased. That's why I'm starting in May and not on the opener in September!
Approximately 1,500 feet elevation gained and lost over about 4 or 5 miles. I dumped a lot of the water halfway through the descent. starting weight was about 55 lbs. Feels great!