Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hamskea Versa Rest with Full Containment

I have been looking at getting a new Hamskea Versa Rest for my Spyder 30, but really wanted a full capture rest. I asked Hamskea if they were planning to make one, and it turns out they just did! They are releasing it next week at the ATAs. I just ordered one and should have it in three weeks! Spyder-Hamskea combination should be a killing machine!
    "His arrow will flash like lightning." Zechariah 9:14
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30, QAD Ultra Rest HDX, CBE Tek Hybrid sight, 9" Stokerized SS1, TightSpot quiver, Injexion Arrows & Blazers, QAD Exodus broadheads, Spot Hogg Wiseguy release, Bark River Gunny Hunter blade, Kifaru Timberline 2 pack, Kuiu clothing, Lowa Cevedale boots, Zeiss Conquest HD binocs, Leica 1000R rangefinder, Big Agnes Copper Spur 1 tent, Kifaru 0 degree Slick bag.

Thats pretty cool, thou i have not had any issues with containmet with the current rest! I love hamskea rests!
    Last edited by justin davis; 01-03-2013 at 03:34 PM.
    The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind.

Great news! That was the only reason I didn't buy one last year but now with full containment the Hamskea is definitely on my list this year.

So much for my resolution not to change my bow set up this year. I shoot the Versa Rest now, can't wait to see the full containment version while at the ATA in Louisville next week!

It would be really nice if you could buy a retro fit part to make the original Versa Rest into a full containment.

Quote Originally Posted by RosinBag View Post
    It would be really nice if you could buy a retro fit part to make the original Versa Rest into a full containment.
    Ya no kidding I just bought a Versa rest last week that hasn't even showed up yet. What held me back was that they were not full containment but I figured I would try one out anyway! Ha ha I figured something like this would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ckleeves View Post
    Ya no kidding I just bought a Versa rest last week that hasn't even showed up yet. What held me back was that they were not full containment but I figured I would try one out anyway! Ha ha I figured something like this would happen.
    I bet you can return yours and trade it in for a full capture rest. Their site says you have 30 days to return items.
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30, QAD Ultra Rest HDX, CBE Tek Hybrid sight, 9" Stokerized SS1, TightSpot quiver, Injexion Arrows & Blazers, QAD Exodus broadheads, Spot Hogg Wiseguy release, Bark River Gunny Hunter blade, Kifaru Timberline 2 pack, Kuiu clothing, Lowa Cevedale boots, Zeiss Conquest HD binocs, Leica 1000R rangefinder, Big Agnes Copper Spur 1 tent, Kifaru 0 degree Slick bag.

Quote Originally Posted by RosinBag View Post
    That's a good suggestion to propose to them!

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhuntr64 View Post
    I bet you can return yours and trade it in for a full capture rest. Their site says you have 30 days to return items.
    It's all good I bought it used for a good price so I cant really complain to much. I usually have a back up bow but don't right now so if I get one I will have a rest for it if I try this new one. Win win ( unless you talk to my wife lol).

Now another good option, I was curious to see this rest but was pushed away by it not being full containment. Now its worth a look

Sweet. I wanted to go with the versa rest for the new rig but was leaning toward trophy taker because of full containment. Versa rest now!! Great rest, full containment and support a local CO company. Great news thanks 64
    Bowtech Insanity cpxl, Spott Hogg Tommy 5 pin slider, B-Stinger, Easton carbon injexions, Quad exodus D6, Stan release, Sitka Gear, Badlands packs, Swarovski glass

Rosinbag... Got an email from Andrew at Hamskea and you will be able to at the containment to your current versarest eventually...
    Go in Lite come out Heavy! MEATMODE BABY >---->

Quote Originally Posted by vcb View Post
    Sweet. I wanted to go with the versa rest for the new rig but was leaning toward trophy taker because of full containment. Versa rest now!! Great rest, full containment and support a local CO company. Great news thanks 64
    That's funny; I was leaning to the Smackdown Pro as well...but now it's the Hamskea!

Any pics of the new containment version?

Andrew would know...I won't see him personally until May, and I probably can't wait that long.

Hopefully it's a real tight containment like a QAD. I don't like the huge containment some of the limb driven rests have like the Trophy Taker. Kind of defeats the purpose IMO. If it is though i will be ordering one.

Can't wait to see the guys at ATA show and play with it! I know they have a few more things on the way as well! This is what a TON of guys have been looking for from them and I think that their sales on rests are going to to increase 3 fold this year with the introduction of the FC Versa
    The greatest hunter is the one who knows his own limitations!

Evan Williams
    Rok Slide Field Editor/Pro Staff

Quote Originally Posted by evan williams View Post
    Can't wait to see the guys at ATA show and play with it! I know they have a few more things on the way as well! This is what a TON of guys have been looking for from them and I think that their sales on rests are going to to increase 3 fold this year with the introduction of the FC Versa
    Evan, you saw the picture of the FC Versa yesterday, right? Can you post it here?

I WANT TO SEE THE PICS NOW!!!!!! LOL
    Looks like I might be buying another Hamskea sometime in the near future.
    John's Customs Staff "The best strings made"

There is picture on their Facebook page.... Small, but at least a peek....