Hamskea Versa Rest with Full Containment

trkyslr

WKR
That full containment might work great but it looks like it needs a visit to the dan evans barbershop to get shaved/trimmed down a bit... Looks bulky

jmez

WKR
I don't get the whole Full containment thing? Your arrow is still going to wobble around in that cage like a huckleberry in a bear's a**. Without the $5 rubber arrow holder on the shelf you will still have to manually set the arrow into the blade it it has been rattling around that cage. With the $5 rubber arrow holder you still need with that cage the arrow isn't going anywhere and IMO is a lot more full containment that any of these "cages" provide. Lose the cage, lose the weight and forget about it.

Craig4791

WKR
Yup you are... Most guys use the "u" shaped shelf piece provided with felt that keeps the arrow from "flop"ing around.

That doesn't help with containment at all. When an arrow is knocked you still have to hold your finger on the arrow to keep it on the shelf while stalking.

I realize it's not a must. I hunted for a couple years with a TT with no containment I just prefer a containment now.

I might just try one out to see how I like it. I'm always up for trying something new and i do like the limb driven rest over the cable driven. And I'm sure if I don't like it one of you guys will take it off my hands :)

OP
Bowhuntr64
I don't get the whole Full containment thing? Your arrow is still going to wobble around in that cage like a huckleberry in a bear's a**. Without the $5 rubber arrow holder on the shelf you will still have to manually set the arrow into the blade it it has been rattling around that cage. With the $5 rubber arrow holder you still need with that cage the arrow isn't going anywhere and IMO is a lot more full containment that any of these "cages" provide. Lose the cage, lose the weight and forget about it.

It's just a little bit of extra security, and very little weight. If it is not made of a sound resistant material, it can easily be lined with moleskin. I do wish it were the full containment that the Ripcord or QAD rests provide--where your arrow cannot come off the rest as you are drawing or letting down.

jmez

WKR
It's just a little bit of extra security, and very little weight. If it is not made of a sound resistant material, it can easily be lined with moleskin. I do wish it were the full containment that the Ripcord or QAD rests provide--where your arrow cannot come off the rest as you are drawing or letting down.

Limb Driver Pro V would qualify as well. If your arrow is in the cage the rest arm picks it up when you draw and it can't miss or fall off, but you still need the rubber arrow holder on the front of the shelf. I'm with J Daddy in that full containment rests are the most over rated thing in archery, it has just never been an issue. I can tip my bow upside down and shake it and the arrow stays in the little rubber holder on the shelf. If the arrow is popping off the rest when drawing or letting down that is a function of draw force curve and draw weight.

Craig4791

WKR
Limb Driver Pro V would qualify as well. If your arrow is in the cage the rest arm picks it up when you draw and it can't miss or fall off, but you still need the rubber arrow holder on the front of the shelf. I'm with J Daddy in that full containment rests are the most over rated thing in archery, it has just never been an issue. I can tip my bow upside down and shake it and the arrow stays in the little rubber holder on the shelf. If the arrow is popping off the rest when drawing or letting down that is a function of draw force curve and draw weight.

I've never seen the rubber holder that pinches the arrow before. It doesn't make the arrow pull out of the holder rough? And bounce in the draw cycle?I've always just had the "U" shaped holder with felt on it and it doesn't hold the arrow at all.

jmez

WKR
Sims makes one as well. The arrows slide right out of them with no issue. If they are popping out just trim the ears back a bit.

25373-ram-arrow-holder_zpsdace4925.jpg

trkyslr

WKR

Youll get it when you come to fulk draw just a little too fast and your arrow bounces off your rest and slaps you in your face..... Seen it and it almost caused my buddy a chance on animal. Fortunately it was locked on the dec

DesertRat

FNG
Containment bracket is removable and is made of a 40% glass filled nylon type material. The same material used in tactical weapon gun stocks and grips. Super strong and comes with the containment launcher and is side loaded through the tonsil/gate. Also, we have designed a new single limb clamp for the new Hoyt Spyder with a #3 cam since there is little room for any other type of limb mount. The mount comes in 5/8" wide (for Hoyt hunting bows) and 3/4" wide limbs (all other split limb bow) to accomodate almost any bow out there (Hoyt, Stothers, Bear, PSE, Mathews, etc...)

Visit you nearest dealer for more details.

Attachments

• IMG_9105-r1.jpg
    IMG_9105-r1.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_9103-r1.jpg
    IMG_9103-r1.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 61
OP
Bowhuntr64
Containment bracket is removable and is made of a 40% glass filled nylon type material. The same material used in tactical weapon gun stocks and grips. Super strong and comes with the containment launcher and is side loaded through the tonsil/gate. Also, we have designed a new single limb clamp for the new Hoyt Spyder with a #3 cam since there is little room for any other type of limb mount. The mount comes in 5/8" wide (for Hoyt hunting bows) and 3/4" wide limbs (all other split limb bow) to accomodate almost any bow out there (Hoyt, Stothers, Bear, PSE, Mathews, etc...)

Thanks for the info! I am glad I already have one on order; they look nice!

J-Daddy

WKR

I've about decided that I'm gonna buy a new '13 Carbon Matrix this year, that rest will be on it....

jmez

WKR
Like I said. Arrows bouncing off the rest is a function of draw force curve and draw weight. Not concerned about mine popping off.

Craig4791

WKR
Well you guys talked me into it lol. I'm on the preorder list! Picked up J-Daddy's Vector Turbo going to throw it on that and if I like it ill convert my MR6 too.

Youll get it when you come to fulk draw just a little too fast and your arrow bounces off your rest and slaps you in your face..... Seen it and it almost caused my buddy a chance on animal. Fortunately it was locked on the dec

This happened to me last year. Mature six point bull at ten yards, serious adrenaline pumping. I normally bump my arrow out of that little holder before I draw but I was kind of preoccupied and forgot. It was at first light, super cold morning and the plastic was stiffer than normal I think. When the rest pushed on the arrow hard enough for it to pop out it had enough force that it bounced up, hit my sight and deflected clear out to my bow arm elbow. There I stood trying to grab the arrow with my lips and put it on the rest. Poof he was gone. Been considering a QAD ever since.

J-Daddy

WKR
My buddy said he was gonna try to pick up some at Vegas, I told him to be sure to grab me one....he's a dealer so hopefully they bring him a few extras to the tournament.

vcb

WKR
Jmez, I didn't know sims made one that "holds" the arrow like that. I only have had the "u" shape one. Thanks. Jdaddy I totally agree that Nock pinch will lift the arrow off the rest!! If the versa containment ring is removable.... It's going on my new cpxl that is on order!!

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
xiaoxu425