New threads for the Turbo

J-Daddy

WKR
Got my new strings in from John's Customs "Breathn on ArcheryTalk" and man they turned out nice looking...Solid flo green BCY 8190.
As usual everything was dead on, timing was perfect and specs out perfect!
y5uvada8.jpg

shaun

WKR
Awesome man! Throwing around idea of new strings for my spyder as soon as it comes in but I was told the strings on it from factory are supposed to be pretty good. Not sure though since this will be my first hoyt

trkyslr

WKR
Strings look nice! Im big fan of the all flo green strings... "archery pimp" like that sticker too!

CtP

Lil-Rokslider
Is there a reason why I can't see the pic and everyone else can? It shows up as a small box with ? in it.

Craig4791

WKR
Nice i have a set of the 8190 strings on their way. can't wait to get them on!

CtP

Lil-Rokslider
There it is. Nice lookin' setup. What's that forked damper/stabilizer you running?

Can you give some insight as to what makes John's Custom strings, particularly the 8190's so great and why you chose them?

Thanks.

OP
J-Daddy

J-Daddy

WKR
There it is. Nice lookin' setup. What's that forked damper/stabilizer you running?

Can you give some insight as to what makes John's Custom strings, particularly the 8190's so great and why you chose them?

Thanks.

On the stabilizer, that's something I put together...Saw some guys back in '11 shooting setups like that when I was in Utah shooting Bowcast @ the Bird and thought I'd try it..It's short, doesn't get in the way but still offsets the weights enough to balance out the bow and offset the weight of a quiver and stuff and makes the bow balance nice. It's a Doinker rear bar mount flipped around to face forward, on the quiver side "right side" there's just a SIMS Stabilizer Enhancer, adds a little weight and helps with vibration/noise, on the left side there's a SIMS Modular with a 4oz disc weight screwed onto it....Setup works great, it's compact but still gets me the balance I want...Here's another pic=
4694AA2E-F959-4A32-A9CA-7DD66BA4E006-14035-00000F15875F6631.jpg

Now as far as John's Customs strings....Over the years I've shot A LOT of strings from A LOT of builders...From small builders at local shops to the big guys like Winners Choice & Vapor Trail..I started shooting John's strings back in 2008 and have been with him ever since. IMHO he builds the best you can get, he's very precise on his lengths, he stretches everything so there's no creep and his serving is second to none...Serving quality and precise lengths are what seperates the good builders from the great builders. As far as the 8190 material goes, I've shot it on a few bows since the 8190 hit the market and I really like it...Very little stretch in it, a lot like 452x, but it fuzzs less than 452x...So with less fuzz you don't have to wax it as much, less wax equals less build up in/on the strings...Excessive wax adds weight to the string so you lose performance over time and wax holds dirt and that leads to strings that look nasty over time and can also lead to more wear on the strings with all the dirt that gets in them. I've shot most all of the string materials on the market, I've been happy with 8190 so far...John really likes it too, he gets less stretch out of it and better speeds.

sk1

WKR
Awesome man! Throwing around idea of new strings for my spyder as soon as it comes in but I was told the strings on it from factory are supposed to be pretty good. Not sure though since this will be my first hoyt

that's what my archery shop told me as well, the stock hoyt strings are good enough they wouldn't replace them.....ive only shot winners choice prior to my last hoyt and i couldnt tell the difference, but i dont shoot as often as most of you guys probably do so i might not be the best reference for that. i trust the guys at my shop to give me an honest opinion and i now am ready to replace my hoyt string after two seasons on it

jmez

WKR
I didn't like my last set of Hoyt strings. Had to move the peep several times and the center serving only lasted about 2 months. Had a peep cut a string right before a hunt and Hoyt overnighted me a set of strings/cables and the new ones were just as bad as the ones I replaced.

sk1

WKR
I didn't like my last set of Hoyt strings. Had to move the peep several times and the center serving only lasted about 2 months. Had a peep cut a string right before a hunt and Hoyt overnighted me a set of strings/cables and the new ones were just as bad as the ones I replaced.

that sucks.....i know a ton of guys replace them as soon as a new bow is purchased....i just didn't have that issue with mine at all, maybe just lucky.

Whisky

WKR
I've never been one to replace factory strings right off the bat. But I think I will this go around, and try a set of John's strings. I'm going to set up my factory strings and then swap out with the customs. That way I can just stuff the factory ones into my archery tackle box I take on trips and have a set already set up and ready to go should I find my self in a bind.

jmez

WKR
That is what I do whiskey but use the factory strings for a month or so to make sure they have settled before you take them off.