Best headlamp and/or flashlight

loudog

FNG
I have tried a Petzel Tikka and now use a Princeton Tec Fuel 4 and both seem to be pretty good units, easy on batteries and very reasonably priced. Wondering what other units guys use and since we are on the subject of lights what is a good flashlight-seems to be a ton of new LED versions out there.

I've got a black diamond storm that I really like, it has a red light option as well. I carry two though, the Storm is my main headlight, and I have a Petzl Myo for bright light needed situations Although the storm can push out 200 lumens as well, the petzl lasts way longer and is BRIGHT!

gil_wy

Lil-Rokslider
I tested a bunch @ Scheels in Rapid City and the Black Diamonds were REALLY bright!

GrayGhost

FNG
I just bought two new Petzel headlamps with the wire band and they have a red light! They are brighter than the first versions I had for years.

I read something Aron said about the red light in an archery mag. ........what gives???? Do animals not see it as well?? I have a Petzel as well and after a beer or two I put some auto touchup paint on the lens ...red of course. Just looks dimmer in my garage at 8 pm......

Surefire has a new one that is dimmable. I have used Princeton Tec and Petzl and the Petzls are better in my opinion. I do stress the fact of getting a lamp with multiple LEDs vs one as they do fail. Three out of four is better than zero out of one, which I have had happen on both counts.