Mule Deer Draw Odds

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Not that I recommend what I'm about to say but I do know on another forum (not a hunting forum) they do a potluck of $$$ to subscribe to a bunch of online services and the members of the website have the password. They use this mainly on software websites, online newspapers etc. I think currently they are subscribed to 200-300 different paying sites and the members can access it all. Pretty good idea IMHO. Get a couple of your friends together and it would be dirt cheap.

But I have to agree with MtMiller on this one! 25 dollars is a drop in the bucket....

IDK magpie,

That doesn't really pass the smell test.

It sounds like a bunch of guys sharing a health club membership.

dszymo

FNG
i agree with mtmiller in this case.....it's a great product, and at least they are keeping the price reasonable! of course free is better for us, but im sure they have tons of time invested, and time is money these days.
+1 the new pay for website also has some nice new features.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Colorado has good harvest statistics and drawing odds statistics posted on their website with tutorials. I'm planning to get an article posted Monday or Tuesday of next week to cover DIY research in CO specifically with all the links and resources you need to make your own decisions.

Coop

Anyone know how to pull the data for CO into an excel type format. Once you could get the raw data you can use excel to run all sorts of calculations and pivots to compare units. This is where Idaho has really done a good job. With that said the headache, time and potentially flawed draw odd logic the $25 would be the better option.

Just me thinking here, but for CO what benefit is there to knowing your draw "odds". Its pretty much a get to an amount of points and cash them in (accounting for creep which is all of impossible to determine anyway). If it is so you know what kind of a time investment you will be in use the data on the website to see current PPs and look at historically what it creeps. Most units seem to be 1 point/3 years. Keep in mind that this is dang near impossible to calculate because many just put in for a PP and not into a hunt code. Therefore, you never know how many people are chasing that hunt code at any given time.

Maybe I'm missing something here but that is my $0.02.

brettb

FNG
Steamboat Springs, Colorado, United States
Go to colorado division of wildlife home page, click on hunting,then big game, scroll down to statistics, then click on hunt recap. It breaks down everytihing you need to research how many points per species, unit, resident/non residents. its by far the best i have personally seen. If you have any questions on the proper way to read them and figure them out lat me know.