G-Hooks and a Grab-it

bbrown

WKR
Thought I would share a few pics of a grab-it after I swapped out the 3 bar sliders for some G-hooks I got from Mil-spec Monkey so it would work on my MR Dragonslayer. Just so happened that the spacing of the webbing for the bottom compression straps on the DS are almost the exact same as the factory spacing on the grab-it so that worked out perfect. I attach the upper straps of the grab-it to a couple of loops on the top of the lid - not sure what these were designed for that work out pretty well. After I figured out the sewing machine (not that it looks pretty) it only took a few minutes to sew each one on.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is a couple pics of it in action - really was not trying to pose in the picture with the bird but it sure looks that way. I was actually walking back up the hill when my buddy snapped this picture.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Bosque '13 008.jpg
    Bosque '13 008.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 404
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 407
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 409
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 402
OP
bbrown

bbrown

WKR
I also replaced the 4 auto lock buckles on the side compression straps with the G-hooks - so far this little $12 mod has worked out great. I use 2 of the MR side pockets and it was always a pain to feed the auto-lock buckles thru the back but not anymore with the G-hooks.

attachment.php

OP
bbrown

bbrown

WKR
Did you sew them on yourself or have someone else take care of it?
Its only been close 20 years since I messed with a sewing machine so there was some "trial and error" but mostly error until I got the tension all figured out.