Hamskea Versa Rest instructions?

ChanceH

FNG
I got tired of my ripcord code red on my Insanity CPX. I tinkered with it a bunch and still would get random fletching contact. I got a Left Handed Versa Rest and installed it last night. One of my questions is about the launcher that is included with it, the FC model. Is the wide one with large wings (looks like a smackdown launcher blade) the most suitable for hunting or the shorter one with the deeper groove? I left the large one on there because it seemed more logical for hunting, but I could be way wrong.

Also

Anyone have any suggestions or tricks for the best way to set it up? Distance from riser, launcher angle, plastic screw vs metal, ect. I have just followed the instructions and videos from Hamskea for the basic center shot setup. I will be tuning this afternoon with yoke, bareshaft, and others. I mainly wanted to shorten the learning curve for myself by getting advice from some Roksliders that have been there done that. Thanks!

I used the larger one when I had this rest on my bow... Used it until I couldn't get the fletching contact to go away...

OP
ChanceH

ChanceH

FNG
I'm still playing with it and tinkering. The wide launcher seems to work fine but I am going to continue to experiment. I am having issues with this Insanity CPX and the limb driven cable. Not sure of the sweet spot on the cable.

Gman

WKR
Had to go with the deep groove launcher due to fetching contact. LOVE my versarest. I also use the arrow clip in the front of the rest and the little rubber rest on the back to minimize noise. Best rest I've ever had.

Tilzbow

WKR
Had to go with the deep groove launcher due to fetching contact. LOVE my versarest. I also use the arrow clip in the front of the rest and the little rubber rest on the back to minimize noise. Best rest I've ever had.

I had contact with the wide blade too but there's an adjustment to the rest that can be made so the arm is more upright at full draw and this made the contact go away. I shoot Blasers.

DesertRat

FNG
If you're having any issues with the vane contact issues with the flat wide full containment launcher, make sure the halo chord is wrapped around the pressure screw of the lever arm on the "inside" position. That is position that makes the chord closest to the center of the shaft. The further away the chord is from the center of the shaft, the slower the rest is.

Check out the "info-mercial" at www.hamskeaarchery.com on the front page for more details.

-Andrew