R/D Longbow Build

OP
Cameron C

Cameron C

FNG
Apologies for these photos, I keep forgetting my camera so I have to use the dinky camera on my phone, which makes everything look shrunk down. So, I'm making excuses I guess, the bow isn't really as chunky as these pictures make it look. I roughed out the shelf and the handle today.

Vecchio

FNG
Boy it’s really taking shape, it’s beautiful! You might have to test it out this weekend in cent. park. I hear squirrels are in season.:)

OP
Cameron C

Cameron C

FNG
Thanks Vecchio, there are definitely too many there. Mutant ones too... maybe worth getting one stuffed, ha!

OP
Cameron C

Cameron C

FNG
My bow is losing weight, just more handle shaping and sanding.

OP
Cameron C

Cameron C

FNG
Got the bow shaped to where I can live with it, glue lines look good. I started sealing the riser with CA glue. Coat, sand, criticize, repeat. Here it is on the first coat:

OP
Cameron C

Cameron C

FNG
More of the same thing. This after about 4 coats of the CA. I think the riser is pretty much done.

Next steps: Ship back home, check tiller, seal with spar urethane, chase animals.

OP
Cameron C

Cameron C

FNG
Alright, my internship with this company ends this week, so I packed up all of my materials and shipped them back home. The posts/project will be postponed for about two weeks. The first week will be for shipping, I'll miss the second week because me and my big brother will be on a backpacking hunt in Northern California for 7 days. Archery for blackies.

OP
Cameron C

Cameron C

FNG
Alright,

Just finished up the bow about an hour ago. Me and my brother and his girlfriend are going out shooting tomorrow night after work, so the first shot photos are soon to follow. I calculate the stack to put me at 68# @ 28, after taking it to the bow shop and getting it measured proper, it turned out to be 70# @ 28. The brace height and all other measurements turned out how I anticipated. In all, I'm happy with how the bow turned out. I'm excited to start on the next one!

Drawn at about 29"

You can see how the bottom limb is a little more straight than the top, this is for timing purposes (most of you probably know that). And thank you to my lovely assistant, Rock 2.0

If anyone is thinking of making a bow themselves, feel free to pm me. I've mentioned this before, I'm no pro, but I've done quite a bit of research and can probably point you in the right direction! Thanks for following, hopefully I'll post a photo with a nice black bear come November/December.