2014 Kifaru Nomad

Rizzy

WKR
If I'm understanding this system correctly, you could use just about anything you already have for a "main bag". You could put your camp in a large drysack, quarter bag, tag bag, pillow case, or any of the stand alone pack bags, etc. and lash it/attach it on to the frame.

I'm assuming there will be different size camp bags, similar to the pod series. Compression straps on the camp bags would be helpful for tightening the load.
To carry camp and meat, I would probably attach my smaller camp bag to the bottom set of tabs on the frame and put my meat above that with a grab it in the manner of a meat shelf/ load shelf. It looks like 2 tag bags/meat sacks would fit side by side pretty easily and would carry a lot of meat, probably too much with camp and a head. Any thoughts on set ups?

jm1607

WKR
Is there a good place to put a Nalgene bottle without opening up the batwings? It doesn't look like there are any pockets or MOLLE outside the compression straps, besides the lid and grab-it. Any recommendations?

Last edited:
OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Is there a good place to put a Nalgene bottle without opening up the batwings? It doesn't look like there are any pockets or MOLLE outside the compression straps, besides the lid and grab-it. Any recommendations?

Nalgene bottles fit in same sleeve as bladder.

colonel00

WKR
I know it was mentioned before that you could easily use an existing bag as the "camp bag" but would it actually mount to the frame in any way or is it just held in place with the compression straps and grabit?

Also, looking at it, I wonder if you could use a Timberline pack or even a Highcamp with belt pockets on the sides and those pockets would ride under the wings and remain accessible. Ever tried that?

Last edited:

wapitibob

WKR
There are d rings and loops at the top of the frame for 3 bars and g hooks.

Attachments

• 25.JPG
    25.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:

Ironman8

WKR
This system looks great! Love the versatility and modularity that this allows. Very well done Kifaru.

Aron, I'm sure you'll do this eventually, but I'd like to see a vid of loading this thing up with your actual hunting gear just to get a better visual of how this thing packs (like you did with the Highcamp series last year). Also maybe one of packing out meat (real or fake) with all your (real) camp/hunt gear along as well.

dryflyguy

Lil-Rokslider
So I was telling my wife about the new improvements to the slick bag and watched the color drain out of her face. Yeah, I'll be calling tomorrow to see if I want to 'adjust' my X-mas order and hold off on my slick bag until the 2014 version is available.

tm7554

Lil-Rokslider
Would be nice to see pals webbing on the outside of the wing pockets. This would allow you to attach small belt pouches. The one thing I didn't like with my X2, other than a lack of functional load lifters, was having to undo 4 buckles to get at stuff. Some pals webbing would allow one attach pockets on the outside for quick access.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Would be nice to see pals webbing on the outside of the wing pockets. This would allow you to attach small belt pouches. The one thing I didn't like with my X2, other than a lack of functional load lifters, was having to undo 4 buckles to get at stuff. Some pals webbing would allow one attach pockets on the outside for quick access.

Noted.....

but there would be an increase in price.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I like it the way it is. The long hunter lid and a couple belt pockets will be plenty of quick access storage for me. Plus when I hang stuff on the outside of my pack, it tends to get ripped off.

7mag.

WKR
I like it the way it is. The long hunter lid and a couple belt pockets will be plenty of quick access storage for me. Plus when I hang stuff on the outside of my pack, it tends to get ripped off.

I agree. I think it is just right. The only things I need quick access to are; raingear(lid), rangefinder(belt pouch), filter(lid), snacks(belt pouch), and GPS(belt pouch). The spotter and tripod will be in one of the outside zippered pockets. Every thing else is packed inside the pack.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Here's a few photos with the high camp 4800 between the wings of the Nomad.

The 4800 is compressed in the wings and held with grab it.

7000 works the same, but rides higher above frame.

Zippered wings are full, but interior sleeve only has 4 liter bladders.

The Nomad/High Camp combo will give a little bit wider pack (when stuffed like in photo). The camp bag is slightly smaller in circumference than the High Camp.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387811223524.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387811223524.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 339
  • uploadfromtaptalk1387811240557.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387811240557.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 353
  • uploadfromtaptalk1387811257247.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387811257247.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 338
  • uploadfromtaptalk1387811287980.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387811287980.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 325
OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I used different colors on lid and 4800 so you could see easier.

So you guys that have High Camps, or want to have multiple options, you could run this system several ways....

Last edited:

lintond

WKR
So these will be available mid January? I'll start searching the couch cushions and drier for $$. :p

If I order one in January realistically would it be ready to pick up in mid March? I'm coming to Denver to visit my sister and needed a good excuse to come by the shop. :cool:

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The side belt pouch attachment points on high camp are fully functional/ accessible when in use with nomad.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387811853631.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387811853631.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 283