Big Agnes or Nemo??

I think I have finally convinced myself to make the switch to down this year.

After a ton of research I think I have narrowed it down to either the Nemo Sonic bag (0 degree) and a Big Agnes Backburn (0 Degree).

There are a few things I like about both bags and they are both with in the same price range, but I cant make up my mind.

Has anyone had any experience with either or have any other recommendations for a down bag??

THanks!

I have the nemo nocturne 15 down bag. I love it so far. Only used it in low 40 temps so far though. Lightweight, packable, lots of room due to the shape. Their length measurements are a little off as im 5'10" and got the regular length back, its almost not long enough for me. It works but if i could redo it id go with the longer length.

Ill Bump this for more input on the Nemo Bags. I'm strongly considering one because of the Spoon shape. Anyone else have an opinion on Nemo or Mummy vs spoon shape bags?

Akicita

WKR
My 3 season bag is the older Nemo Nocturne 15. I really like the spoon shape and got the long so I could stuff clothes and boot liners in the foot box to dry. I also like the spoon shape when sleeping in layers to extend the temp range of the bag in colder conditions. They use good down and the quality of materials and craftsmanship are also very good. I have 3 years / 200+ nights in this one. My wife has about 100 in hers with no complaints or issues. The new Riff and Sonic look really nice and I'm looking forward to trying one this winter ski season.

IsHCRrP.jpg

Akicita

WKR
That's subjective - For me, yes but I have - and do spend a great deal of time in the elements year round and have become conditioned to many different extremes. My wife suggested from her experience with Big Agnes, Nemo, Western Mountaineering, North Face and other bags to always add 20 degrees to the suggested rating - As an example her Nemo is rated at 0 degrees and she experiences the same comfort level I do in a 15. I agree that her recommendation is a good one based on my experience talking with the many people I hunt, hike, climb and mountaineer with.

Here is a link to a great article about sleeping bag ratings:
Understanding EN Temperature Ratings for Sleeping Bags - Therm-a-Rest Blog

Big Nasty

Lil-Rokslider
I like my nemo salsa 15 degree bag. The riff will be my next bag when i get one. They are warm and lots of room with the spoon shape. Especially for me as a side sleeper. Plus it doesn't break the bank.