Montbell Sleeping Bags

C Bow

WKR
Does anyone have any experience with Montbell sleeping bags? If so which bag?

Beendare

WKR
I've got 2 of the stretch bags in Long.

I'm right at 6'4" and the long fits me perfect. Good quality....probably not a Valladre, WM or FF....but pretty close. These kill a couple of the cheaper bags I've owned.

I like that I can move around and its not restricting as I'm a fairly big guy....but then when you stop it contracts around you just enough.

I'm a warm sleeper so the temp rating is more than accurate.

I have the Syn and the down...both very good.

You probably don't want to hear this right now...but these can be bought for 30%-40% off in jan-Feb

OP
C Bow

C Bow

WKR
Thanks I have a WM that I really like but was going to buy a 25 for warmer weather but if they are that much off in Jan I will wait

TheTone

WKR
I've had one for 8 years or so and love it The stretch is a great feature to me and makes it a super roomy mummy bag. I think its basically the equivalent of a current 15 degree 800 fill down hugger.

rgrmike

Lil-Rokslider
I've got 2 of the stretch bags in Long.

I'm right at 6'4" and the long fits me perfect. Good quality....probably not a Valladre, WM or FF....but pretty close. These kill a couple of the cheaper bags I've owned.

I like that I can move around and its not restricting as I'm a fairly big guy....but then when you stop it contracts around you just enough.

I'm a warm sleeper so the temp rating is more than accurate.

I have the Syn and the down...both very good.

You probably don't want to hear this right now...but these can be bought for 30%-40% off in jan-Feb

Do they go on sale directly on their website? I love mine. Wouldn't mind picking up another.

Beendare

WKR
Do they go on sale directly on their website? I love mine. Wouldn't mind picking up another.

Ugh, no. look for sales on sites like Campmoor, Campsaver, backcountry gear and such. FYI, all of the camping type stuff goes on sale about that time.

I rarely see bags from WM and FF on that big a sale.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have only bought one high end bag over a decade ago a zero degree montbell. Comfy and a sleep enducer it is....spent close to $500 back then and thought it was a little much until I slept so well with it.

I have the down hugger 800 in 0 degree long. I like the fact it is a bit stretchy and I can get move around a bit in the bag. My only complaint is that once I paired it with a NeoAir xlite it sleeps to warm. I wish I would have gotten a 15 or 30 degree bag, and now can't justify spending another $500 for something a little cooler.