+80” lightweight cot (need help)

So I tried out some cots at Cabelas just to check the length. On the 78” I hit my head and heels on the frame. The 80” was the bare minimum and of course the 85” was perfect and 88” was overkill.

That being said, all those run about 25-48lbs, clearly not feasible.

Does anyone know of a system that would accommodate the length and run me in the range of 4-10 lbs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at the luxury lite cots and put your pack under your feet or head if you would rather. There are no bars on the ends and it is low to the ground so you will not need much to put under your feet to keep them even with the rest of you.

-dan

Rchr

FNG
Light weight (6.5 lbs) and 82.5" long is the Helinox Cot Max but it is $430 :eek:

Most lightweight cots are going to b under 76" long.
The Thermarest Luxory lites are going to be 77" but are also a little pricey at about $220
Take a look in amazon and do a search for light weight cots and you will find something under a $100.00 but not sure on the quality and durability of the products.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The only time I use a cot is in base camp, so weight isn't an issue......and those cots are 84" by 40". I don't think extra long cot and lightweight go well together.

• Banned
OP
K
The only time I use a cot is in base camp, so weight isn't an issue......and those cots are 84" by 40". I don't think extra long cot and lightweight go well together.

I am looking for one to get off the ground. I have developed a healthy suspicion of rattlesnakes. I’m not sure getting 6” off the ground helps much though.

I agree that it doesn’t make sense in true western situations but I have one property to hunt and my longest hike will be 2-2.5 mi. Setup for 3-10 days at a time.

• Banned
OP
K
  • Banned
OP
K
Light weight (6.5 lbs) and 82.5" long is the Helinox Cot Max but it is $430 :eek:

Most lightweight cots are going to b under 76" long.
The Thermarest Luxory lites are going to be 77" but are also a little pricey at about $220
Take a look in amazon and do a search for light weight cots and you will find something under a $100.00 but not sure on the quality and durability of the products.

For $430 I could make one from carbon stock i could get my hands on! In a worst case scenario that seems cheap though. As I told another guy, the thinking is to get away from rattlers. Sounds silly but we have had “issues”