Bivy

Who makes the best bivy for around or under a $100? Need one for my Cimarron.

Thanks!

You mainly looking for a waterproof floor with bug protection or a full on bivy? I got these from Aliexpress to go with my LBO and so far I’m really liking them. I couldn’t see paying over $100 for a simple silnylon floor and bug mesh. I got these for $18 a piece.
223c48f6cb9729f16801d7c712f849b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
N

nate40302

FNG
You mainly looking for a waterproof floor with bug protection or a full on bivy? I got these from Aliexpress to go with my LBO and so far I’m really liking them. I couldn’t see paying over $100 for a simple silnylon floor and bug mesh. I got these for $18 a piece.

What’s the name of it? Couldn’t find on Aliexpress.

Netherman

WKR
I'm in the same boat. I've been looking for something for inside a Redcliff and DST. I was pretty set on getting a TiGoat Raven Bivy. It would keep the bugs off, my sleep system dry/clean, and give me a dry place to sit. I ended up borrowing a friend's OR Helium to test on a fishing trip. It was a coffin of misery. I sweated my ass off and was generally miserable. Granted highs of 65 and lows in the 50s are warmer than I'm likely to see on most hunts, but I'm re-thinking the full "breathable" bivy thing.

Now I'm leaning towards the EE recon bivy. Should give me some level of condensation protection, a place to sit on the footbox, and a lot of ventilation.

I think Jimmy Tarps makes a decent one for around $130. Might be worth looking into.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Callen21

Lil-Rokslider
I run a tigoat with the bug net. You can get them with or without the zipper. It's very comfortable and breathes extremely well.

Brendan

WKR
So I went through aTiGoat Raven Omni then a a TiGoat Bug Bivy. Raven had too much condensation. Both Laid right on my face zipped up, no loops to support from the top of my tarp to give me a little space at my head inside, so didn't like zipping it. Both worked well in certain scenarios, but weren't the solution I was looking for.

Right now I am trying the Katabatic Bristlecone. Got to check out a friends in person and I like the corner stake loops, and the loop that pulls the top of the bivy up off of you for more air flow between your bag/quilt and the bivy (better for condensation) and so the bug net isn't resting on your face. I also up-sized to a larger pad for comfort, so needed something new anyways.

Time will tell how well it works for me - but here it is:

Katabatic Gear Bristlecone Bivy

sneaky

"DADDY"

Now, here's where you tell him you have to be under 5'10" to use those lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Now, here's where you tell him you have to be under 5'10" to use those lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

LOL yeah gotta be 4' tall. Kidding aside, i'm 5'11" and there's probably a good 6" of extra space in there. The netting isn't made for a BIG guy tho. I'm about 175 and find it roomy enough. Any bigger than that and you might feel cramped.

Here's the link
2017 only 260G Ultralight Outdoor Camping inner Tent Summer 1 Single Person Mesh Tent Body Inner Tent Vents mosquito net-in Tents from Sports & Entertainment on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group