most comfortable pad

I need a new pad this year. I care less about weight than most, Im 6-4 245lbs. Looking for something that is comfy and durable, yet still not out of reason for packing. This will be a backpacking pad.

EXPED UL9 LW or WINTER...R rating of 6 and 3.5" thick. Very comfy, especially with an EE quilt.

jasonhul

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have experience with the Nemo Tensor Field insulated sleep pad? Warmth/comfort/durability?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Graves14

WKR
Do yourself a favor and try the Sea to Summit comfort plus long. Not at all heavy for how comfortable it is. I have some friends who are well past 300lbs that think they’re comfy.

snowplow

WKR
Anyone have experience with the Nemo Tensor Field insulated sleep pad? Warmth/comfort/durability?

Ok but not best. The sea to summit comfort (red) pad is incredible. My dads your size and l just had him buy one and he said hes never slept so well.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR

I have one, got about a dozen nights on it. Its decent for its weight, not overly noisy and pretty warm. Its not a comfortable asthe expeds i have but its much lighter.
The nemo is a decent pad.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Klymit Insulated Static V Luxe. Hard to beat a 30" wide pad. I gladly carry the extra weight of the pad for the sleep I get on it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

geriggs

WKR
Im 6'2" 275 and I just went to a 30 in pad. Its awesome. I went with the nemo cosmo insulated...i think its 2.5 pounds or so but i lightened up my bag by 2 pounds so its actually close to a wash. Its also 80 in long which is significantly longer than the Static V if i recall. This thing is a luxury. I love it. I have broad shoulders and this thing is heaven. I was running 25 in wide pads for a while but this year im running the 30 for the first time.

Klymit Insulated Static V Luxe. Hard to beat a 30" wide pad. I gladly carry the extra weight of the pad for the sleep I get on it.

Last edited:
OP
E
just got back from REI ended up buying the Big Agnes Qcore delux in the large and wide size. just inflated and tested in the house. super happy

sneaky

"DADDY"
Good luck, it seems to be a mixed bag on the BA pads.
just got back from REI ended up buying the Big Agnes Qcore delux in the large and wide size. just inflated and tested in the house. super happy

I need a new pad this year. I care less about weight than most, Im 6-4 245lbs. Looking for something that is comfy and durable, yet still not out of reason for packing. This will be a backpacking pad.

Im 6"4 255lbs and I run a therm-a-rest xtherm and love it. Ive used the exped's, sea to summits, and even the rei brand ones. By far the most comfortable & weight saving of them all. If your talking just comfort..... exped megamat but that thing is HEAVY!

Whats wrong with the BA pads? they pop easy?

I had the big agnes system for a while, as I liked the generous non mummy cut and the pad holder. The q-core was warm and comfortable for a little while, but I (being a bigger guy) started getting cold spots around the pad due to the height. IF I slept on my side and then rolled back over in the middle of the night, there was a cold channel along the sides. Then, I started noticing that it was not holding air through the night. Tested over and over for leaks, but couldn't find any. Returned it to REI and got another one. The next one I got did not leak, but had the same cold spot issues. I also found that I did not need the extra height to be comfortable, so I tried out the therm-a-rest xtherm. First night I was taken back by how warm and comfortable it was. The only downside was that it makes noise due to the material it uses. Its not enough to wake me up at night, but if Im moving around a little before bed, its noticeable.