A sleeping pad for a side sleeper?

6’8 260 side sleeper and the klymit v luxe was pretty nice as far as thickness. I picked it up for $80. I considered going with the comfort plus but it seemed too thin relative to the klymit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Graves14

WKR
Try the sea to summit. I’m a side/belly sleeper and I toss a lot, this thing is MONEY!!! The valve system is the best I’ve ever used. Almost instant deflation. having the dual chambers gives you a ton of adjustability and if you manage to pop one side, the other chamber will still keep you off the ground.

They aren’t cheap, they aren’t light, but neither am I.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Klymit Static V Luxe insulated is what I have. That 30" width is oh so nice. Well worth the extra weight. A good night's sleep is worth extra weight, especially since you leave it in camp for the most part.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MikeStrong

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a side sleeper at 260 lbs as well, and I use the Klymit Static V Luxe and have had no issues with hip pain.

Ryan, since you're a veteran you can pick one up through GovX.com for a pretty big discount if you need to.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comfort Plus Insulated Durable Sleeping Mat by Sea to Summit

Any side sleeper use this pad? Been using the Xthrem the passed few years. It works, but I definitely have hip pain after a few days of sleeping on it.

I have the non-insulated one and I sleep well. If I could do it all over I’d get the large rectangle or large mummy. I got reg mummy. I’ve since gone to quilt, extra pad width would be nice

Side sleeper here too. I have used the Thermarest Neoair for about 5 years now and bought a Klymit. I was sceptical because it's a lot thinner but the side slumbers are fantastic! I would highly recommend a Klymit for side sleepers.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I'm a side sleeper at 260 lbs as well, and I use the Klymit Static V Luxe and have had no issues with hip pain.

Ryan, since you're a veteran you can pick one up through GovX.com for a pretty big discount if you need to.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
ExpertVoice has them as well if you're on there Ryan. Good thing about the Klymit pads, they aren't expensive to begin with.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jack88

Lil-Rokslider
Light/poor sleeper here and I've decided to suck it up and pack the extra pound or 2 and carry a foam filled air mattress. No more arms or hips falling asleep and I get a more productive week of hunting because of it.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Thanks for the info guys.

Light/poor sleeper here and I've decided to suck it up and pack the extra pound or 2 and carry a foam filled air mattress. No more arms or hips falling asleep and I get a more productive week of hunting because of it.

I’m all for this. Forget counting ounces. I’d rather hunt with 1 boot than sleep 1 hour a night.

Thermarest Xtherm works great for me. I bought a klymet static V and it's OK for the money. But it's thin uninsulated and weighs as much as the Xtherm. But for a summer bad on a budget it's solid.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I'm a side sleeper and I went with the BA Q Core SLX and I sleep about as good on it as I do in my bed. My second choice was the Klymit Insulated static V but chose the BA because I was able to try it out in the store and not the Klymit.

colersu22

WKR
Little heavier but I’m a side/stomach sleeper and I use the exped ul9 or lw9 and that thing is like sleeping on a mattress in my house. I also use a klymit insulated V and I don’t have hip pain but I like how the exped is wider.

I'm a side sleeper and I went with the BA Q Core SLX and I sleep about as good on it as I do in my bed. My second choice was the Klymit Insulated static V but chose the BA because I was able to try it out in the store and not the Klymit.

Second the Q Core SLX. It’s super thick, light, and comfy.

swanny

Lil-Rokslider
Have any of you guys tried anything from Exped?

for warmth/weight/thickness the SynMat UL Winter can't be beat. 9cm, under $200, r-value 5.0, and weighs in at 21oz for size Medium. MSRP $179.