Sleeping Bag for Colorado

Headed to Colorado for the second rifle season and I’m needing to pick up a new sleeping bag. I have a 0° bag and a 20° bag already but the 0° is 6 lbs and the 20° I feel like will get pretty cold at Elevation in October.

My debate is between a 0° Thermodown bag by Paria Outdoors or the 15° by the same company. Budget is somewhat limited which is why I’m looking at this brand. They have great reviews on Amazon.

Anyone have experience with this company? Should I go 0° or 15° for late October in Colorado?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Outdoor Vitals is in your price range too

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I always plan to be cold. The weather here can change make a hunt miserable if you can’t get decent sleep because you’re shivering.

OP
Crucible02
I always plan to be cold. The weather here can change make a hunt miserable if you can’t get decent sleep because you’re shivering.

So shoot for the 0° then? I do have a good pad, too (NeoAir XTherm pad as well as a Z-lite).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ahlgringo

WKR
Def go with 0 for second season. I have hunted in temps ranging from 2 degrees to 78 degrees during second rifle.

oldgoat

WKR
Def go with 0 for second season. I have hunted in temps ranging from 2 degrees to 78 degrees during second rifle.

I've seen that upper temp and the lower temp as a wind chill feeling in the same day during second season, in a T shirt at noon and blizzard conditions by dark!

sneaky

"DADDY"
Better to be hot and have to vent, than to be cold and having to do exercises all night to warm up

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

VaMtnMan

FNG
I just came across paria today, add popped up on fb. Curious to know your thoughts on them