Nemo Riff 15 vs Enlightened Equipment Convert 10

TauPhi111

WKR
Nemo Riff or Sonic 15 vs Enlightened Equipment Convert 10

I'm in the market for a lightweight down sleeping bag that would be good for most western hunting other than late winter (Late Aug - Nov, Early Dec) and I'm debating between these three models. For the sonic, I'm also considering a 0 degree model as well as the 15. All can be had at a similar price so I'm mainly concerned with quality and performance. From reading descriptions, it seems that the EE bag's biggest advantage is weight savings, but he Nemo seems much more feature rich that would make for a more comfortable sleep. I like the idea of a spoon shaped bag because I do sleep on my side and stomach and it has the hood/pillow compartment that I would definitely want. People who have used either Nemo or EE bags, please chime in here with your pros/cons.

Last edited:
Nemo. Most comfortable bag I've ever had. Sleeping next to skin on pad with the quilt was uncomfortable and in combo with floorless wasn't ideal, especially at or above timberline. If you're going with a tent, then quilt works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lambchop

Lil-Rokslider
Nemo. Most comfortable bag I've ever had. Sleeping next to skin on pad with the quilt was uncomfortable and in combo with floorless wasn't ideal, especially at or above timberline. If you're going with a tent, then quilt works.

What didn’t like about running the quilt in the floorless? I’m in the same boat of deciding on a quilt or bag.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
sleeping bags are less fussy, no doubt about- you crawl in and zip up

quilt takes a little getting used to, securing whatever attachment system they use and if not sized correctly (if in doubt, order wider) you can be exposed to drafts; you also need a hood or something like a hood, with a quilt to keep your head/neck warm

having said all that, I own and use three different quilts throughout the year- the weight (and volume) savings are worth a little more effort for me, but certainly not everyone

Philsummers21

Lil-Rokslider
I have the riff 15 and completely satisfied with it. Only down fall is it may be too warm for my early sept hunts. Not sure how much weight savings the quilt is the riff is pretty light and packs down stupid small

What didn’t like about running the quilt in the floorless? I’m in the same boat of deciding on a quilt or bag.

The floorless breaths by letting air under it. In combination with wind it was cold. Every time I turned in the night as well I had to make a concerted effort to not let heat out. I do think the no-see-um screens in tents actually insulate somewhat as well as the air moves through the middle of a tent mostly which works better for a quilt.