Sleeping pad.

I am Looking for a good sleeping pad let me know what you have. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
For backpacking or base-camp? Makes a huge difference in what recommendations you should pay attention to... Just saying... : )
Are you an ounce counter or a comfort craver? That to plays a role here.. We need more info to help you out.

OP
T
For backpacking or base-camp? Makes a huge difference in what recommendations you should pay attention to... Just saying... : )
Are you an ounce counter or a comfort craver? That to plays a role here.. We need more info to help you out.

Yea I should provide a little more. It is for the high country but I do have a pack horse so still watching the weight a bit. But have a bad back so looking for comfort 3.5 -4” thickness think would be good. Thanks.

You'll get a lot of thoughts on what guys prefer. The Exped Downmat 9 is pretty much a Cadillac in terms of warmth and comfort. It's definitely less of a backpacker and more of a basecamper unit. I've been using one for 10 years and there is still nothing I'd trade it for.

Tried several pads before finally landing on an Xtherm for my uses. It’s light enough, warm enough, and comfy enough for year round uses. Only drawback I’ve found is the price.....but I’ll gladly buy another when this one fails.

chasewild

WKR
Exped. The downmat 7 or 9 is unreal comfortable for the weight, but you do pay the price. If I were you, using a horse, I wouldn't hesitate with either of those.

I recently bought an exped synmat UL to save some space and it is also super comfortable with a negligible loss in R-value.

Jimss

WKR
I really like NeoAir! Super light, compact, and comfortable....and I sleep like a baby!

OP
T
I really like NeoAir! Super light, compact, and comfortable....and I sleep like a baby!

Would like to thank everybody for the input not sure what way I am going it will be more what I can afford. And body have a deal on a pad. ?? Thanks

IdahoElk

WKR
Yea I should provide a little more. It is for the high country but I do have a pack horse so still watching the weight a bit. But have a bad back so looking for comfort 3.5 -4” thickness think would be good. Thanks.

If you have a horse the Exped mega 12 is like sleeping at home,worth every penny.