Cot for truck camping

LaHunter

WKR
what type / size shelter will you be in? Cabela's sells some pretty good cots for truck camping. I try to stick with the ones that are in the 30-32" wide range and ask everyone in my group do the same. The super wide 40" cots take up excess room, even in a large tent.

Savage99

WKR
One thing to consider if actually sleeping in bed of truck is that some cots run over 78”, in other words, longer than my 6.5’ bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmoto

Lil-Rokslider
Cabela's Camp Cot is great. It's a bit bulky and on the heavy side, but works well for truck camping. It doesn't seem to creak or make too much noise if you tend to move around at night.

I use a Gander Mountain zero gravity cot. It is the most comortable cot i have used and was not priced bad. Not sure if you can even get one now and it is huge

I have two cabelas. One is decades old and going strong. The other is a newer XL. At the risk of encroaching on my neighbors, I really like the room. Have actually slept on it with my younger son in reasonable comfort.

SW hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Byer of maine makes quality stuff. Cabelas brand has some. Hard to beat a military cot design for durability. They are a little noisy. I wouldn’t call it cheap they are $100. Ive seen some deals on cots on Craigslist few times. Somebody buys a trailer they start selling tents, cots, water jugs.

We use Coleman cots. They cost $30, been going strong for 6 years, and are stout enough for two men to set on when in camp. No need for anything else.