New Sleeping Bag?

SURVEYOR

FNG
I’m needing a new bag and looking at the big Agnes Blackburn 0 deg as well as the Nemo line in particular the riff. Can anyone share their experiences and thoughts on these bags.
I’m mostly concerned with comfort, compressibility and durability than 2-3 ounces

Thanks

OP
SURVEYOR

SURVEYOR

FNG

I’m needing a new bag and looking at the big Agnes Blackburn 0 deg as well as the Nemo line in particular the riff. Can anyone share their experiences and thoughts on these bags.
I’m mostly concerned with comfort, compressibility and durability than 2-3 ounces

Thanks

No one has used the BA Blackburn ??

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
What made you go with a Zero degree bag?
http://www.rokslide.com/forums/slee...g-bag-temp-ratings-matt-wymer.html#post995638

I am not trying bash Big Agnes, but as you look for sleeping bags, its good to understand why & how they determine the temp rating.
I can't tell much from Big Agnes's website:
Big Agnes Blackburn UL 0deg

I have never used an Exped sleeping bag, but liked the date they provide.
Winterlite –16C/+3F | Exped USA
Look under specifications and see the ranges they state.
Here is a shot from the link above:
Comfort Temperature:
17.6 °F
Limit Temperature:
3.2 °F
Extreme Temperature:
-27.4 °F
In my mind this makes that sleeping bag a 17 degree bag, not a 3 degree. Hopefully my article is some help as well. Really takes some digging to get the right info to make good comparisons.

Kotaman

WKR
I like BA systems, but realize their temp ratings aren’t even close in my experience. (Or at least compared to Kifaru or Western Mountaineering). Once you get passed that, the BA system rocks.