Xtherm vs klymit insulated static v

I have an xtherm and like it.

I friend asked about the klymit and I don’t have any experience. Anyone used both? Thoughts?

bbrown

WKR
I have both - the xtherm is warmer and lighter even in the large mummy shape. The Klymit is quieter and might be a bit more comfortable especially when using it on a cot because of the shape and baffle design

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have the xtherm (the large mummy, I recommend the extra width and height so you're not balancing on a thin strip) and I bought the wife the klymit insulated to get her a thicker pad to try (vs the 1" pad she had) out but didn't want to drop as much money initially since she doesn't go out nearly as much as I do currently. The klymit is fine and blows up faster but I prefer the xtherm (even with the bit of crinkle sound), the deep channels in the klymit make me think I'll bottom out a hip or such at some point. If going the klymit route check out Costco, you can get the insulated pad with a pillow for $70. That's why I went that route for the occasional usage for the wife,.

Btaylor

WKR
I have the xtherm (the large mummy, I recommend the extra width and height so you're not balancing on a thin strip) and I bought the wife the klymit insulated to get her a thicker pad to try (vs the 1" pad she had) out but didn't want to drop as much money initially since she doesn't go out nearly as much as I do currently. The klymit is fine and blows up faster but I prefer the xtherm (even with the bit of crinkle sound), the deep channels in the klymit make me think I'll bottom out a hip or such at some point. If going the klymit route check out Costco, you can get the insulated pad with a pillow for $70. That's why I went that route for the occasional usage for the wife,.

I have the insulated klymit and have had no issues bottoming it out and I am a side sleeper.

Wapiti1

WKR
I also have both. Six of one half dozen of the other. I haven't noticed a warmth difference between the two, and both are comfortable.

Klymit pros are that it is quiet and the fabric is less slippery, so you don't slide off as easily. Xtherm is lighter and is easier to patch. No issues bottoming out on either. I am also a side sleeper.

When I pack I grad either one and don't really care which.

Jeremy

Owenst7

WKR
I also have both. Six of one half dozen of the other. I haven't noticed a warmth difference between the two, and both are comfortable.

Klymit pros are that it is quiet and the fabric is less slippery, so you don't slide off as easily. Xtherm is lighter and is easier to patch. No issues bottoming out on either. I am also a side sleeper.

When I pack I grad either one and don't really care which.

Jeremy

Pretty much my feelings.

The stuff sack could be bigger on the klymit haha. Splitting hairs trying to find something that makes one better than the other.