Luxe Minipeak 2p

CAH

FNG
Does anybody have any experience with the Luxe 2p minipeak tipi? Looking at getting one but was curious as to how waterproof/durable they are.

Thanks in advance.

I just got one a few weeks ago for this fall. I’m impressed with it so far. I set it up in the yard to seal the seems and then let it get rained on for a few days and it was still dry

OP
C

CAH

FNG
Did you get the inner tent? Wanting something with a floor for two people. If so, how big is it? Is that trekking pole gonna be I the way?

amp713

WKR
I run the hexpeak and have done a review of it on my website (in signature) my buddy got the mini and feels his space is a bit more useable because of the pyramid shape
It is a different material so I cant speak for that myself but I do like the luxe products and they hold up well for what I've put them through so far. I actually am going to borrow the buddies mini peak to do a comparison video of it vs the hexpeak but it will be after the archery season.

I took one with me that had not been seam sealed yet, it poured for 4 days and I stayed dry. This is it ( brown) set up next to a SO Cimarron
kDYunrvb.jpg

Did you get the inner tent? Wanting something with a floor for two people. If so, how big is it? Is that trekking pole gonna be I the way?

Yeah, I got the single person inner tent I wanted to be able to run a stove. The inner is tight for one person, but no smaller than I’d expect. The pyramid itself is bigger than I expected.

I had one briefly. If you are 6' or over and/or slightly wide, you will have hard time not hitting the walls. If youre solo, you can move the base of the pole to make a little more room. But, I think it would be pretty tight for 2 full grown men.

As a comparison, the Cimarron is waaaaayyyyyy bigger inside.

I'm 6'5", it was tight but I could put a pack and a bow/rifle on the other side. I got the tub floor/ bugnest with it. I'm a side sleeper so I had room but I wouldn't want to be stuck in it for a few days. I used the tub floor but not the nest, no bugs that trip. I'm going to keep it as the base is only 125 $ and can let friends use it if need be. I will probably get a larger one for me and one other person. Looking at the one with the stove jack. Manufacturing seem good.