Replacement for Big Agnes Insulated Q-Core Pad

Ghost

Lil-Rokslider
Im less than 3 weeks out from leaving for Montana, going through a break up and my ex has decided that she needs some of my backpacking gear more than me. Im looking for a replacement for the above, had the wide model and really liked the way it cradled around me. Looks like its been discontinued. How do the SLX and the Deluxe stack up? Im open to other suggestions as well.

superA

WKR
Exped Downmat 7. I also just ordered a Downmat 5 to get my weight down a bit and be more comfortable in warmer temps.

OP
G

Ghost

Lil-Rokslider
How about this pad? Klymit Insulated Static V Kings Pad, good reviews, seems a little to inexpensive.

duchntr

WKR
I had 2 q core sl's, both delaminated and BA warranted/replaced them with those slx pads. Ive only have spent 7 or so nights on the new pad as I primarily used them for my winter/late fall pad but I must say they are a huge improvement in comfort over the Q-core's. However, after having my BA pads warranted 3 times for various issues I am skeptical to recommend them even though their service department is very timely and fair. I have been quite happy with my thermarest pads, both X-Lite and X-Therm.

superA

WKR
No experience with klymit. Multiple thermarest,sea to summit and exped pads. Exped wins for inflatables. The thermarest gray foam pads will never be sold though.

OP
G

Ghost

Lil-Rokslider
I had 2 q core sl's, both delaminated and BA warranted/replaced them with those slx pads. Ive only have spent 7 or so nights on the new pad as I primarily used them for my winter/late fall pad but I must say they are a huge improvement in comfort over the Q-core's. However, after having my BA pads warranted 3 times for various issues I am skeptical to recommend them even though their service department is very timely and fair. I have been quite happy with my thermarest pads, both X-Lite and X-Therm.

I hear ya, the best warranty in the world does you no good when youre 6 miles from the trail head with a flat pad. My concern is Im a side sleeper and have issues with my left hip so I want a pad that will keep my hip from touching the ground. FYI Im 5'9" 180lbs.

OP
G

Ghost

Lil-Rokslider
Big thank you guys! Pulled the trigger on a Big Agnes Insulated Air Core Ultra Sleeping Pad, like the q core so much and Im worried about my hip (sucks to get old) Should be here by wednesday.