Enlightened Equipment 0 Degree Revelation Quilt

littlebuf

Banned
lot of variables there. for me it would be plenty warm. that is based on taking a 20 degree rev into the teens on a xlite pad. i can only imagine a zero on say an xtherm id probably be throwing the thing open. well maybe not throwing it open at zero degrees but im sure id be toasty

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I will just say that even if you were warm enough under the quilt at zero degrees, you won't be a happy camper getting up in zero degree temps in your Tarptent. No way I'm sleeping in zero degree temps without a stove anymore.....had enough of that when I was younger.

jherald

WKR
I had my Revelation Pro 10 down to 20 degrees on my Thermarest X-Therm and I was sweating in the middle of the night. It's got serious loft and serious insulation when it's drawn up tight. I had to open to foot end for a 2 inch hole and loosen up the top a bit to get some flow. I wore only light merino base layers underneath. I have no doubt it would be more than sufficient for it's 10 rating. Planning on buying another one before fall. They've turned me into a quilt convert.

Trr15

WKR
Just pulled the trigger on a 20 degree revelation earlier today. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Trr15

WKR
Just got my revelation in the mail today. Definitely a quality piece of gear. Tested it out with my thermarest and tigoat bivy (in my basement, that is). I'm gonna dig this set up for sure. Very pleased with my purchase.

Ruskin

WKR
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403317537.597684.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1403317549.073824.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1403317558.750467.jpg

Pics of my new 0'EE rev in reg/wide. Plan to use w tigoat ptarmigan bivy and xtherm.

danarnold

WKR
I just bought a 0 Degree Revelation Quilt and I'm wondering if it's gonna be overkill for my MT early season elk hunt?
I dont have a pad yet and probably will be in a wall tent

I just bought a 0 Degree Revelation Quilt and I'm wondering if it's gonna be overkill for my MT early season elk hunt?
I dont have a pad yet and probably will be in a wall tent
Kinda looking at getting one myself and wondering about a 0 or a 10. It's only a couple once difference. Last mid September here in Montana we had a foot and a half of snow and actually bailed off the mountain to get my 0 degree older MH synthetic bag. Temps in the low 20's at night and I was pretty cold. Year before that it got cold and snowed too in September. I figured I can always open the 0 up when it's "normal" mild Sept weather. Oh the choices!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

danarnold

WKR
Kinda looking at getting one myself and wondering about a 0 or a 10. It's only a couple once difference. Last mid September here in Montana we had a foot and a half of snow and actually bailed off the mountain to get my 0 degree older MH synthetic bag. Temps in the low 20's at night and I was pretty cold. Year before that it got cold and snowed too in September. I figured I can always open the 0 up when it's "normal" mild Sept weather. Oh the choices!

Update from my end, I froze my ass off in 17° weather with a 0° quilt.
I sold it, back in a bag

AustinL911

Lil-Rokslider
I sold it, back in a bag

I've got a 20* Revelation APEX quilt and was quite chilly down at 14* in it (well....no shit). I'd say the rating for me was about spot on. If I didn't have my LO stove with me, I'd have been one unhappy camper, literally.

n2horns

WKR
Quilts need a good pad and need to tuck the quilt around you so there are no drafts. I have a 0 degree EE Revelation in xlong and wide and ordered an xtra wide. I toss and turn and kept getting drafts. For the later parts of the year I have a 0 degree, and warmer months I use a 40 degree EE quilt. Putting on layers is key to warmth, I always sleep in a clean set of think woolies or polypro, then add arcteryx synthetic pants.

Rokwiia

WKR
I agree with notion of hot tenting with a stove but until I have that setup, I'm going to have to deal with the cold. I have a Revelation 10F and will bring my WM 32F sleeping bag when temperatures are going to reach 10F or below. I'm dinged a 21oz penalty but that is nothing compared to being cold at night.

With the combination of the quilt and bag, I'm good to go to -6F.

I tried the quilt also and went back to a bag. Couldn’t ever get it adjusted right to avoid drafts. Every time I moved or rolled over cold air came in and chilled me. Tired of fighting the quilt..... I went back to a 0* Slick Bag and couldn’t be happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I sold it, back in a bag

I tried the quilt also and went back to a bag. Couldn’t ever get it adjusted right to avoid drafts. Every time I moved or rolled over cold air came in and chilled me. Tired of fighting the quilt..... I went back to a 0* Slick Bag and couldn’t be happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The above above is why I have said numerous times that most people need to get an extra wide and long/extra-long quilt.

If if you are thinking about a quilt- get one BIG. You wouldn’t use a tiny little blanket that barely covers you at home, why anyone thinks that’s a good idea on a mountain is baffling.

Trial153

WKR
The problem I have with needing long and wide quilts is that the weight starts adding up and closing the gap on a bag. If they are close in weight then why mess with the hassle of quilt...just climb in a bag and your done.

Quilts need a good pad and need to tuck the quilt around you so there are no drafts. I have a 0 degree EE Revelation in xlong and wide and ordered an xtra wide. I toss and turn and kept getting drafts. For the later parts of the year I have a 0 degree, and warmer months I use a 40 degree EE quilt. Putting on layers is key to warmth, I always sleep in a clean set of think woolies or polypro, then add arcteryx synthetic pants.
I've been researching these a ton and reading a lot of reviews online. The biggest complain comes from guys not using an Xtherm... Well if you're in winter weather with a summer pad...

n2horns

WKR
I have 2 pads, not sure which i like more, i have the thermarest xtherm and the exped downmat ul7.