Interesting new product, whaddaya think?

tater

WKR
I've used my Clark NA to go to ground for years.
For someone looking to transition into hammocks slowly, the Mark2 might be a safer way to go.

Personally, i'd just buy the new Exped rig.

weatherbow21

Lil-Rokslider
I'm really curious what you all thing of the hammocks. I tried it once, but I toss and turn and also am mostly a side or belly sleeper so hammocks are tough for me, but I have a buddy who thinks they may be just right for him. Its something you seem to see quite a bit for backpackers but I don't see so much of it on here with the hardcore hunter types.

• Banned
OP
Where's Bruce?
I'm really curious what you all thing of the hammocks. I tried it once, but I toss and turn and also am mostly a side or belly sleeper so hammocks are tough for me, but I have a buddy who thinks they may be just right for him. Its something you seem to see quite a bit for backpackers but I don't see so much of it on here with the hardcore hunter types.

Hammocks have a steep learning curve and there are many different types so yeah...they are less accepted. Getting the "angle of the dangle" just right so you lay flat takes some trial and error. You may wanna look at bridge hammocks. Here's the thing, if you are backpacking far away from people chasing elk for example and not tied to a base or spike camp...a hammock can be a lifesaver. Say you shoot a bull at dusk, by the time you've tracked it, dressed and bagged it, it's 1am. You may be someplace where there is no flat ground devoid of roots and rocks. Do you really wanna wander around looking for a suitable spot to sleep? You could be on a 45 degree slope and pitch an hammock in minutes. Nice to be off the ground in nasty weather too. My hammock is bug proof, weather proof and matched with an oversized tarp for Mother Nature's worst. i have tents too but for solo hunting, my hammock is my 1st choice.

No trees? No problem.

239664_30045_XL.jpg

Last edited:
I toss and turn in a bed. I lay still and sleep in a hammock. It's what being comfortable does. Instead of tossing and turning, you sleep soundly. God Bless men