Sawtooth & BearPaw custom tent

whiskeysierra762

Lil-Rokslider
I just got my custom tent back from BearPaw Designs for my Kifaru Sawtooth. Looks good so far, but have only had time to set it up in the back yard. The tent keeps the rear pole but brings it inside and has reinforcements for it. So my sleeping area goes from the very back of the shelter to the center pole. It cost me about $340, and weighs about 2lbs on the bathroom scale. The Sawtooth, poles, BearPaw tent, and steaks weigh 6 lbs even. Im hoping to get a carbon fiber pole to cut another pound. The tent has 8" high walls and matches the foot print pretty close. I need to add some tie outs on the tent to tie to the guy out points so that the netting will sit closer to the walls. It also has an inverted "T" shaped zipper so that I can open the whole front of the tent if there are no bugs out. The inner tent packs down about the same size as the Sawtooth and I can actually fit them both in the stuff sack for the tent.

Last edited:

reaper

WKR
Really nice,Awesome set-up but pretty expensive for a bug net and a floor, you should add a guide out on the sawtooth to get rid of this rear pole,that the biggest cons to me on this shelter.

Envoyé de mon E6560C en utilisant Tapatalk

bourbon

Lil-Rokslider
Too funny. I saw pics of this last week after I contacted him about the same thing. John told me to wait a few days and then he'd show me pics.

Im very glad to see it in your Sawtooth now. Looks to me like he could go a bit wider on the foot print.

What is the actual length inside the net tent? The pics of it setup alone looked a little short. Im 6'6" and have some concerns about fitting on one side lengthwise.

Did you mean 240 on the price?

OP
W

whiskeysierra762

Lil-Rokslider
Its about as wide as it can be without poking out from under the Sawtooth. There is a ton of room inside.
I didn't measure the actual length, but it goes from the very back of the shelter to the center pole. I am also 6'6" and I have a lot of head room.
The only thing that I don't like the pocket he made for the rear pole. Its kind of funky, but it works.
And no, I meant $340.

Very cool. I need to make one of these for my sawtooth. Wife won't sleep outside without a "clean/bug free" space. Looks like they did a nice job with it.

Bighorns247

Lil-Rokslider
Is Bear Paw the only game in town as far as Sawtooth nests go? I don't have anything against them; just wondering what my options are.

Is Bear Paw the only game in town as far as Sawtooth nests go? I don't have anything against them; just wondering what my options are.

The only other one that might do it would be Mountain Laurel Designs. You could also try David @ ntcolorado.com, but I'm not sure if he'd want to tackle it or not.

colonel00

WKR
Bumping this back up as it came up in another thread. Any followup possibly after some use? I'd love to see more photos of space utilization and how it could fit three maybe if the pole was removed.

I swear I replied to this thread before but I cannot see a post from me. I seem to recall asking about how the nest appears to have quite a bit of space between it and the walls of the Sawtooth. In the first photo, it looks like almost a foot or so.

Cledus

WKR
That looks really good! Almost too big for what I'm looking to do. I want one about half that size.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I've noticed the bugs that do get into the Sawtooth spend 99% of their time in the very top of the cone. Been thinking about getting a triangle of mesh sewn on to the very back like a sod cloth so I can elevate the most rear peg loop to get some cross ventilation with the front screen door.