Guy line set up

mauiarcher

Lil-Rokslider
Just bought a tarp with guy lines attached. They are doubled up attached with a slip knot to the tarp with a series of over hand knots every few inches. Anyone use or seen this before. I am assuming it is for quick set up at various lengths without tying.
Thanks

as.ks.ak

WKR
You should post a picture so those of us who are a bit slower than the rest have an easier time lending our thoughts.

Just one more ridge.

Cantharellus

Lil-Rokslider
If I'm imaging what you're trying to explain correctly, I would guess that it is indeed for quicker set up. Seems like a lot of extra cord for very little convenience.

OP
M

mauiarcher

Lil-Rokslider
30a4e27b82ec2547739866af197d9fe9.jpg

I heard back from the guy I bought it from....you can apparently wrap the around a tree, reinsert back through the doubled line and the knots act like a stopper. It is pretty slick. I am playing around with it and like it a lot so far. You also have various points to insert a stake for quick set up.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Cantharellus

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting. I'm a fan of the guyline attached to the tarp with a bowline or girth hitch, tighten around stake, tree, rock, w/e, and secured with a truckers hitch. Quick, simple, easy.