Jimmy Tarps Alpine Basin REVIEW

Do it! Mine might be for sale in the next week or so, I'll let you know.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Great review and thanks for posting this. I do have one question though, and please don't take it wrong, but why would you be selling this shelter after one season if you like it so much?

OP
ianpadron

ianpadron

WKR
Great review and thanks for posting this. I do have one question though, and please don't take it wrong, but why would you be selling this shelter after one season if you like it so much?
No prob glad you find it useful Trout!

I do like the shelter a lot but as I mentioned:

I like being able to sit up in and enter
both ends of a shelter.

I like having a large vestibule/annex for tossing gear.

Also, I'm a bit of a gear junkie and usually cycle through all my stuff until I find the absolute perfect solution. I know you understand that one haha!

No prob glad you find it useful Trout!

I do like the shelter a lot but as I mentioned:

I like being able to sit up in and enter
both ends of a shelter.

I like having a large vestibule/annex for tossing gear.

Also, I'm a bit of a gear junkie and usually cycle through all my stuff until I find the absolute perfect solution. I know you understand that one haha!

I totally understand. Oh, and when you do find the perfect solution, please let me know, I've been searching for it for ever. :)

garrete

FNG
Are you able to completely close up both sides? Judging by the pics it looks like you can. Just wanted to check though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ianpadron

ianpadron

WKR
Are you able to completely close up both sides? Judging by the pics it looks like you can. Just wanted to check though.

Yes sir.

Broadzk

FNG
I've been eyeballin' the Alpine Basin for a while. The two things preventing me from getting it are: the flat hatches and the 1.1oz silpoly (I have no experience with silpoly). I've been leaning towards the VIam Outdoors Yellowstone shelter. It's slightly taller at both ends and longer. Front and rear vestibules are optional. However, it's made of 1.9oz pu ripstop, so it's a bit heavier. Also, cost $20 more.

duchntr

WKR
I've been eyeballin' the Alpine Basin for a while. The two things preventing me from getting it are: the flat hatches and the 1.1oz silpoly (I have no experience with silpoly). I've been leaning towards the VIam Outdoors Yellowstone shelter. It's slightly taller at both ends and longer. Front and rear vestibules are optional. However, it's made of 1.9oz pu ripstop, so it's a bit heavier. Also, cost $20 more.

This tarp is similar as well, might want to check it out.
Product La Garita Tent Page

c5mrr270

WKR
Thanks for the info. I like the 20oz of the Jimmy Tarp and being able to close the front without having to purchase an annex that Kifaru requires. I'm thinking about getting the Alpine Basin with a bathtub floor piece to add inside.

I believe if you buy a mega tarp the annex is included.