Seek Outside Silvertip

Did anyone get the email on the new release? Looks like it is a foot wider than the BT-2 and only 1 oz less than the LBO and 16 sq. ft. smaller. Id really like to see some more photos of it with the stove in and someone inside for reference.

The BT2 did have two doors standard.

From the pics, looks to me like they gave the Silvertip a shape similar to the Cimarron and Redcliff, but kept the same basic size as the BT2. Probably makes a bit more useable space than the BT2 seemed to have.

OP
ColoradoBackpackHunter
Sorry, I didn't investigate too much when I called. After talking about it for a minute I decided it would be a bit too small for what I wanted and needed.

OP
ColoradoBackpackHunter
Not sure if you seen it Reaper but they replied to your post not their forum. "Door panel. With a stove in use it effectively becomes a single entrance tent. "

reaper

WKR
Not sure if you seen it Reaper but they replied to your post not their forum. "Door panel. With a stove in use it effectively becomes a single entrance tent. "
From Kevin from the Seekoutside forum,really like the new stove jack location.Can't wait to see a video.
fb6a890d71f1f90d807de43bc82e573f.jpg

Envoyé de mon E6560C en utilisant Tapatalk

DaveC

WKR
There are extra guy outs on the new design but you can pay to add a few more

This was a compromise. The now standard center panel guy can be used to pull out the panel and add headroom. Particularly handy for tall people with a bit of snow added. The optional guyouts on the corner seams are just not needed in this design, with a ~9' diameter footprint and 12 stake points at ground. They're available for the paranoid.

What gets missed comparing the Silvertip/BT2 to other shelters which might weigh the same and be bigger, or be lighter with a similar footprint, is how frickin silent in the wind it is. 35 mph barely moves it. Plenty of talk on the net this fall about how things like the Tut and Jimmy Tarps would need to be moved out of such wind if you want to sleep well. In the weight/space/weatherproofing paradigm one thing has to be compromised to improve another.

Graves14

WKR
I'm still a little confused by the shape. I have a cimarron, but was told by SO in an email that its more like a cross between a tipi and a cimarron shape. anyone had their hands on one yet that can clear it up? id love to see even a hand scribbled doodle of the dimensions. My cimarron is amazing when i have the lady and both dogs with me. But when I'm solo I've had issues finding enough open space where I hunt to pitch it. You need 11' on the long side so if this is a full 2' shorter I'd be REALLY interested.

DaveC

WKR
I'm still a little confused by the shape. I have a cimarron, but was told by SO in an email that its more like a cross between a tipi and a cimarron shape. anyone had their hands on one yet that can clear it up? id love to see even a hand scribbled doodle of the dimensions. My cimarron is amazing when i have the lady and both dogs with me. But when I'm solo I've had issues finding enough open space where I hunt to pitch it. You need 11' on the long side so if this is a full 2' shorter I'd be REALLY interested.

The Cimarron base shape is a rectangle, and turns into a sort of octagon when you use all the ground level stake loops. The Silvertip is a hexagon, which becomes more a circle (tipi-ish) when all the ground level loops are staked out. On the long axis the Silvertip is a bit over 9 feet, on the short axis (door to door) a bit less. With it being not rectagular it's a bit easier to sneak into smaller spaces between bushes.

MThuntr

WKR
wow I like how it sets up. I have the BCS 2 which was discontinued and replaced with the large Redcliff. The BCS2 is a great tent when you have the room to pitch. Looks like it might be time to pitch the BCS and snag a Silvertip.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'll chime in. For all intents and purposes think of it as a Hex 4.5 ft from center in every direction. If you use all stakes, it is a little more round. Perhaps the shape confusion is more messaging. Think of it as a tipi, with some Cimarron influences to increase space (the center panel guy out). The vent is a bit different as well and is designed to be a zip down / tension fabric covered. The advantage to this is it is quite when in big wind. Set up is basically like a Cimarron and super simple. I only use 6 stakes + plus the two guy outs most of the time. Size , it is a small footprint tent that feels large for it's size. In comparison to the BT2 , IMO , it retains all that was positive (footprint, weight, wind shedding, dual entrances) but is better suited for tall people on inflatable pads, sets up faster and simpler, and vents better. In fact, it is probably better in bad wind as well. However, don't confuse it with big shelter, it is designed to be a backpacking shelter capable of sleeping two, that fits into smaller places from the desert to above timberline and performs well.