Kodiak Canvas

BigDog00

WKR
I just got a 10x14 Flexbow this year and love it. I don't think you can go wrong with Kodiak Canvas!

svivian

WKR

Get either the flex bow or the cabin and you won't regret it. The flex bow is a little easier to set up but I prefer the big awning.

marc

Lil-Rokslider
It's a great tent. One of my hunting buddies has a 10x14 and it is great for 3 guys hunting with cots and gear. Easy for one guy to set up and take down as well.

the big Mao

Lil-Rokslider
We've got a 10X14 deluxe, and that's the one you want, not the cheapie. The deluxe has a MUCH better way to put the tent in the carrying sack. Right now it's up and running at our deer camp, while we're sitting out a serious bit of rain and some wind. Dry as a bone inside. It took a few days to season the canvas, but it's a superb tent, not hard to put up or take down for one person. I've had every tent known to man, all the way up to Hilleberg expedition tents, and this one-for car camping, is one step below a travel trailer!

blackovis

Lil-Rokslider
Ditto on the Kodiak Canvas 10x14 Deluxe, we have had ours for 3 years and it is awesome! We have a 2 person cot that we put a futon mattress on and it's better than a hotel. Plenty of room for gear, cots, table, Mr. Heater when it gets cold. Easy to set up by yourself as well.

OP
dirtytough
I like that cabin tent with the awning so we could have a covered cook area also. Is the Deluxe tent that much better? I don't see a deluxe cabin tent. Only a deluxe flex bow

Thanks, Branden

Does anyone use a stove in these tents? Is it a bad idea to use a stove in a canvas tent with a floor? I been wanting a flexbow tent for awhile but I have hoped I could put a stove jack in it and run a small stove.

Cub10

Lil-Rokslider
I have the 10x14 deluxe model. I love this tent! Quality built and will last forever. I've had it goin on 2 seasons and this has to be one of my favorite things I've bought in a long time!

blackovis

Lil-Rokslider
I like that cabin tent with the awning so we could have a covered cook area also. Is the Deluxe tent that much better? I don't see a deluxe cabin tent. Only a deluxe flex bow

Thanks, Branden
I have the Deluxe Flex bow, should have clarified. The awning is pretty decent on mine and I will usually set it up and run a tarp around to give shelter for cooking out of the wind. Obviously the awning on the cabin model is much nicer.

If I need more room for cooking or excess gear. I just bring an ez up canopy and tarp off the prevailing wind side.

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

blackovis

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone use a stove in these tents? Is it a bad idea to use a stove in a canvas tent with a floor? I been wanting a flexbow tent for awhile but I have hoped I could put a stove jack in it and run a small stove.
I wad just doing some research on putting a wood stove in these and it looks like several people have done it with success. Mostly a matter of finding where you want it to be inside the tent and then having a stove jack installed by someone that has experience working with canvas. For now the Mr. Heater had been serving us well and heats the tent up quickly in the morning or before bed.

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

92xj

WKR
Hard to beat the 10x14 deluxe. I enjoy mine all 12 months. I also run a Mr. Buddy heater when it's not winter time but need to knock the chill off, or when I know the weather will be dry. I have the largest Buddy heater and run it on it's lowest setting all night long with the top of the 4 windows unzipped an inch or two and I am still alive. It will keep the tent around 60 degrees when outside is in the 30s. But, I LOVE having the wood stove option for when it's colder, snowy or my clothes are soaking wet. I can crank that thing up and have it 90 degrees within minutes and drying clothes insanely fast.

Last edited:

BigDog00

WKR

We just use a Mr. Buddy's heater. We crank it on in the morning and evening to take the chill off. They say they have an oxygen sensor in it but we play it safe and don't use it during the night. It doesn't take much to get it nice and toasty in the tent.

Cool thanks for the replies on the stoves. Probably makes sense in a tent this size to just stick with the buddy heater. I would have 3 or 4 guys in it with me or my family so the stove would probably take up all the space. Based on the 10x14 dimension I am assuming you could get 4 cots in there and still have small walk ways and a little open area for a small table... am I correct? Some photos and reviews I see make it look much smaller than 10x14.

Brendan

WKR
Copying from another thread - 92xj was one of the people who inspired me to add the stove jack and stove...

Used a Kodiak Canvas this year, 10x14, with a stove jack I installed and a nu-way propane stove. I had a couple nights where it was POURING rain outside and I was toasty warm and dry inside with a glass of scotch. I'd love a wall tent instead, but the kodiak made sense for ease of setup solo. (I'd rather have no floor, and use a tarp or perforated tarp so going in/out of the tent wasn't as much of a pain)

451a857ccaa78e56402191319ecdf866.jpg

dfc72c4f097e9dbe021db6b48e939021.jpg

df0bacbbefb019e540058605c7ef9afe.jpg

f5da06d130b0fa7d5bce6c1fb47f1916.jpg